Trying to figure out what’s causing AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to figure out what’s causing AD

Lately I’ve been having AD with blood pressure Spikes of 160/95 every day or 2 that’ll last 30 to 90 minutes. In the past when I’ve had AD I knew it was my bladder because I would feel my bladder spasm and leak out of my penis. Also blood pressure was around 180/100 or higher. Usually because a kinked Supra Pubic catheter. Only other thing I could think off is a gallstone.GI ordered a ultrasound of gallbladder and found a 7mm stone last year. What other symptoms do gallstones cause for quads? I don’t have fever nausea or any vomiting.

Typically feel pain or pressure after eating a fatty meal, then as gallstones get larger, the pain seems to be there almost all the time. AD starts when your systolic pressure(top one) is 20 mm Hg above normal. At this time you should be considering AD and check your tubes, drainage and possibly bowel. Have you had your renal /abdominal ultrasound to rule out kidney and/or bladder stones. Urine w/u for UTI. Tight clothing/shoes DVT, pressure ulcer-anything that could be considered an irritant. Silent AD is possible but of course as blood pressure goes higher, there is concern and treated medically with medications at 150/. There are new guidelines that came out recently that you can get from the Paralyzed Veteran’s (PVA) website. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
    X