No announcement yet.

Small sore starting on tail bone area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they tie off the cells underneath the problem area on your Roho. Not sure if they are still doing that. Did they do an eval using the Ride cushion? Been a game chabger for me as it unloads all the pressure on the trocantors and part between cheeks.

Comment

Pressure mapping of the cushion is very important. CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

We did a pressure mapping with the seating evaluation.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Comment

High protein diet? CWO
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I started taking a multivitamin and upped my protein intake a week ago(adding a premiere protein drink daily).
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Comment

My injury resulted from falling from a cliff on the rocky coast above the beach. On the way down this exact area was scraped open by rocks jutting out from the side of the bluff. For 32 years it would heal, then sometimes I'd bust it open again; this happened once every couple years or so. This last time I went to the wound care people, and they did the keep it covered and moist routine. It healed once again. Been 4 years now and it hasn't busted open again, so I reckon they know what they're doing. Good luck to everybody reg. pressure sores, they're the bane no doubt of all sci'd.
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Wound experts. CWO

Comment

Working...
                X