blood oxygen levels for the SCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blood oxygen levels for the SCI

I'm a C5 and realize my lung capacity is less than average...assuming that affects my blood oxygen? If so, what numbers are average for someone w/this level of injury?
    "courage is fear that has said its prayers"

91-92% SpO2 at room air is within normal limits
    Lung capacity also has to do with how well your lung expands which is effected by your level of injury.
    your diaphragm won't expand fully as the lungs and diaphragm is located T-1 to T-12 the thoracic level
    How long have you been injured? is this the first time you've had this diagnosis of reduced lung capacity?

pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Using a fingertip oxygen pulse oximeter my oxygen level as a C5 quad is often 97-98. Right now I'm dealing with blood clots in my lungs and it's hard to breathe, my oxygen level it's still about that
      Brought to you by: atrophied&twitch

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you on a blood thinner for the pulmonary embolism (blood clots in lungs)?

I'm a C3C4 and run 95-97 using a pulse oximeter.

Comment

Lung capacity is also measured by a pulmonary function test. That is done by a respiratory therapist.
        pbr
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

i went not long ago to the doctors because i had covid and had pains in my chest, and mine was 99/100 better than the doctors :P so i duno

Comment

• Tim C.
            Tim C. commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe it’s the electrical shock treatment you give yourself

I am C5-7, incomplete. My OX level is normally 96-97. Sometimes when banding is strong it goes down to 94, as with exercise.

Comment

Working...
          X