cathe plugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cathe plugged

had a uti in august along with covid same time gave me 10 day of nitofurantion ok 1 month late plugged agin i ask could the the antibotic tried to fight both uti and covid so 9/29 10day . had appt with urologist to day got xrays no stones. got home plugged up . any ideas ?

I once had an infected kidney stone that somehow "hid" from antibiotics. I'd get clear, and boom, another Uti would hit, like 6 times in a row. They sonogrammed my kidneys and found it. Had to have it lasered out. Waalaa, no more Uti's.

If the X-rays didn't cover your kidneys, have them checked out. Not sure stones show up on x-rays...🤔
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
      SCI-Nurse commented
      Editing a comment
      Stones can protect bacteria from antibiotics. It is one of the reasons that stones should be removed when found, and why you should be screened for stones at least annually. Ultrasound or CT is better than Xray, as Xray show mostly calcified stones, and may not detect others such as struvite stones. (KLD)

Macrodantin does nothing to prevent stones nor encrustations of the catheter. Nor is it a treatment for COVID. Was the UTI sensitive to this antibiotic (by C&S)?

When did you last have a complete ultrasound or CT of your entire urinary tract? When were you last scoped in your bladder? When did you last change this catheter? Can you irrigate with NS 0.9% to clear the blockage? If you change the catheter, cut the old one up crosswise and look inside the lumen for signs of what caused this blockage.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

ct was 16 month ago and then they took stones out had xray in jan and today yes i did ask about the ct said did not need not sure what you mean by scoped
      i had a bladder how much bladder could hold before leaking. changed cathe on 27 could not clear it .WE TRIED it was plugged up cath 3 inches but had been flowing very good. however i had not been able to drink anything for 6 hrs . i cut open slit wise filled with yellow stuff jammed full

they said i might have 2 change every 2 weeks

question as you are so knowledgeable they wanted to take a urine sample from my cathe. won/t it be colonized . i thought to get a good sample need to be
      when you changed to a new cathe

thank you for all u do

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Scoped = cystoscopy; looking inside your bladder with a special camera.
        You should be screened for stones at least every 12 months, and more often if you have a history of stones. Ultrasound and/or CT is best.
        A urine culture can be taken directly from the catheter, but not from the drainage or leg bag.
        Have you discussed routine Renacidin instillations with your urologist for the encrustations?
        (KLD)

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
      Macrodantin does nothing to prevent stones nor encrustations of the catheter. Nor is it a treatment for COVID. Was the UTI sensitive to this antibiotic (by C&S)?

When did you last have a complete ultrasound or CT of your entire urinary tract? When were you last scoped in your bladder? When did you last change this catheter? Can you irrigate with NS 0.9% to clear the blockage? If you change the catheter, cut the old one up crosswise and look inside the lumen for signs of what caused this blockage.

(KLD)

that what my dr said thats why she gave it it was sentive

again thank you

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
        ct was 16 month ago and then they took stones out had xray in jan and today yes i did ask about the ct said did not need not sure what you mean by scoped
        i had a bladder how much bladder could hold before leaking. changed cathe on 27 could not clear it .WE TRIED it was plugged up cath 3 inches but had been flowing very good. however i had not been able to drink anything for 6 hrs . i cut open slit wise filled with yellow stuff jammed full

they said i might have 2 change every 2 weeks

question as you are so knowledgeable they wanted to take a urine sample from my cathe. won/t it be colonized . i thought to get a good sample need to be
        when you changed to a new cathe

thank you for all u do
        tks wish i had know that yesterday about from cathe

camera not in a long time they won/t do ct unless they see something in xray i asked

Comment

Working...
        X