• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got my booster yesterday and flu shot
    Sales@rollinginparadise.com

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post

Sorry to hear about your friend. How are you feeling?
      72+ hours an no symptoms, unless my tiredness is due to COVID, but lately I'm often feeling exhausted.
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
        got my booster yesterday and flu shot
        How long ago was your 2nd shot?

Comment

I received my Phizer booster yesterday at 2PM. I didn’t experience any side effects until today around lunch. So, side effects are headache and a temp of 100F. The 1st 2 vaccines that I took only gave me a sore arm. So, I guess my immune system is kicking in on this 3rd booster.

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post

72+ hours an no symptoms, unless my tiredness is due to COVID, but lately I'm often feeling exhausted.
            Good to hear!

Comment

Had my last Moderna shot April 1st. So I have to wait till Nov. or Dec. I got mine in the leg not to take a chance on my bad shoulders. I got 2 benefits. 1 my eye site got better so I can watch TV without my glasses and 2 I don't have to take high blood pressure med. no more. I average about 110 over 70.
              Art

Comment

Originally posted by kmelinda View Post
                I received my Phizer booster yesterday at 2PM. I didn’t experience any side effects until today around lunch. So, side effects are headache and a temp of 100F. The 1st 2 vaccines that I took only gave me a sore arm. So, I guess my immune system is kicking in on this 3rd booster.
                When was your 2nd shot given?

Comment

• kmelinda
                  kmelinda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  January 27

• HACKNSACK44
                  HACKNSACK44 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How are you feeling?

• kmelinda
                  kmelinda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m good. I took a dose of ibuprofen and felt better. I was back to my normal self the following morning. Thank you for asking…🙂

It's great news that the booster jabs are being administered.

If you are sceptical about the medical science behind the vaccines, and subsequently do get covid and seek medical attention at a hospital with medically trained professionals, taking up a hospital bed, you would then be able to be called a massive hypocrite!

Comment

• slow_runner
                  slow_runner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Take a deep breath, hold....now exhale. Breath slowly. Repeat......

Actually, it is preferable for people with SCI to get any IM injection into their arm vs. below their level of injury. Yes, you may get a sore deltoid muscle for a day or two, but absorption of the medication injected is better above your level of injury, your muscle mass (for absorption) is greater, and if you should develop a (rare) injection abscess, you may not have symptoms for early treatment if you have the injection in an area where you have no sensation.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• Art454
                  Art454 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My family doctor told me to get it in my upper thigh due to popeye bicep due to torn tendons and didn't want to make it worse. Told me to watch the site if it got warm or hard which neither happened.

We are technically not getting the booster we are actually getting a third full dose.
                my 2nd dose was in march

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
                  SCI-Nurse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Technically, it is a booster if you have already had the first two doses, regardless of the dose. (KLD)

• Oddity
                  Oddity commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, my PCP told me all the doses were exactly the same, regardless which one we're on.

We are technically not getting the booster we are actually getting a third full dose.
                my 2nd dose was in march
                That is correct. My 2nd dose was in April so I will wait for the 3rd dose.

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                  I spent Tuesday with a friend who felt like he was getting a cold. We were in a car together 3 hours! He wore a mask. That night he had bad fever/chills, etc and got tested positive Wed morning. He is 2 months post 2nd shot. I'm 4 months post.

I am doing a two week quarantine. We went out to dinner unmasked. Charlie tried to whistle an accompaniment to some Indian music and I felt the breeze of his focused embouchure (he's my trumpet teacher) from across the table!
                  This should be a good test of the breakthrough thing!
                  Six days after close exposure, I still feel fine. Took a quick test this morning: so far not infected.
                  As far as I'm concerned, I'm OK. Wife and I will take second tests in three days out of abundance of caution.

For me, reading how easily this is transmitted, this experience make me pretty certain that masks must help and a lot!
                  Charlie wasn't wearing a N95 deal, just some garden variety aftermarket mask. We were in my car for 3 hours during a 100* day with the windows up and HVAC on recirculate!

NW NJ

Comment

• slow_runner
                    slow_runner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Be well Phil. I hope that your friend is on the recovery trail

Originally posted by jamiewm3 View Post
                  It's great news that the booster jabs are being administered.

If you are sceptical about the medical science behind the vaccines, and subsequently do get covid and seek medical attention at a hospital with medically trained professionals, taking up a hospital bed, you would then be able to be called a massive hypocrite!
                  I'd prefer the Sanford response, YOU BIG DUMMIE!
                  NW NJ

Comment

Regardless of anyones stance on the vaccine, masks and social distancing should be practiced as a norm whenever possible. This virus is with us, here on in.
                    Vaccinated? masks and social distancing whenever possible
                    Unvaccinated? masks and social distancing whenever possible
                    Give us a chance with the least collateral while the boffins do their stuff of getting on top of this.

Mask wearing will have other benefits too, less coughs and colds, less influenza spread.
                    I would want those responsible for its production/introduction to be found and held accountable.

Comment

my 2nd dose was in march
                      Apparently there's a big difference between the booster and the third full dose for immuno compromised people. I guess the booster dose has not been solidified as of yet.
                      I felt a little crappy the night I got the shot but no big deal well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X