3rd covid booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd covid booster

I just read that a 3rd Phizer covid booster is available in my area for those that are immunocompromised. I’m not certain…but are we that have a high level sci considered immunocompromised?

Thanks,
    Melinda

I received the notice to schedule my 3rd Pfizer shot at my primary physician's office and I am a T10 SCI.

Comment

I guess that’s my answer then. Thank you!

Comment

How long are we supposed to wait after the second dose to get the booster? I received my second dose 4/05.

Comment

I received my last dose of Pfizer on April 9th and I am scheduled for my third on September 9th which would make it 5 months.

Comment

I’ve been able to get my booster booked for Aug 26. My last dose was Jan 27. So, yeah!!!

Comment

Well, be it first second or third shot. I can't wait till those health workers get kicked off their job. And a lot of others that will be unable able to attend concerts and plays and so forth, it's happening more now with different states and different regulations. I recently had my blood drawn and some young girl could have been no more than 23 or so she was not getting it because she's gonna be having children in the future. She doesn't want them to turn into a pumpkin or something. I'm so sick of hearing this BS from these people. I'm 61 and I can't count the number of vaccines I had over my lifetime. This is why we're in trouble right now because people can't do their part they think they're special. Here's a real kicker right here in my own life. My PCA is 31. Half the time she's going around here without a mask on. So only two days ago she writes a post on Facebook about how she be getting the vaccine just to go see a concert. If that wasn't enough I just fired some heroin drug user last week. I blasted her and told her yeah it's OK to put a needle in your arm but you can't even get it a f'in COVID vaccine. This is today's generation I keep saying my generation spawned a lot of crap. I can't wait to give the other one I just talked about the heave-ho in a few days. No more kids the new caregivers are 47 and the other one is 53, sounds great to me.
              Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
              Bob Seger

Comment

I'm 53 and have been a C4-5 quad now for almost 30 years. I'm not getting it because I know that I am too much at risk of an upper respiratory infection. I've had pneumonia 3 times, and a few other infections, so I made the decision myself to not get it. You can call me crazy, but I am still a bit skeptical about it.

Comment

well i too; am not getting it and i am 71 but they will call u names and everythig else because you are not. but the more they put out there the less i am inclined to . my reason are the crusie ship 100% vaccinned 1 death now a 3rd shot. s need now they say it loose its effect of 50% in 6 months say researchs in london that on reuters news. they have no idea or this thing mutates faster than they can keep up with. yes its real . and no one has really answered my question on mask. if you wear a mask to protet your self why are you bitching at me for not if the mask protects u?. again i am asking i?

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
                    if you wear a mask to protet your self why are you bitching at me for not if the mask protects u?. again i am asking i?
                    The reason why I wear a mask is to protect people who can't get the vaccine not to protect myself.. It's really that easy!

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post

The reason why I wear a mask is to protect people who can't get the vaccine not to protect myself.. It's really that easy!
                      Unfortunately, there are people that will never grasp the idea you're saying about the masks. Let's just say this. What if there was never such thing as a vaccine and no one more masks. Am going too far as to say I think there would be a lot of dead people around.
                      Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
                      Bob Seger

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post

so if you wear a mask u got covid ? so you would not infect me who does not have covid. so if thats why you wear a mask why should i then ? as i am covid free

Comment

The advice that I have heard is to get the booster 8 months after the last COVID vaccine ( the 2nd of two)
                          pbr
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post

so if you wear a mask u got covid ? so you would not infect me who does not have covid. so if thats why you wear a mask why should i then ? as i am covid free
                            I could be asymmetric and infect you or anyone else. All because you don't have covid right now doesn't mean you can't get it and you could be asymmetric and infect others (like a kid under 12 who can't get the vaccine). Look at the numbers while we were wearing mask and social distancing the cases were very low we stop wearing masks and social distancing and the cases are off the charts. Especially in Florida where our governor is literally trying to kill people.
                            Last edited by HACKNSACK44; 26 Aug 2021, 1:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tvot View Post

Unfortunately, there are people that will never grasp the idea you're saying about the masks. Let's just say this. What if there was never such thing as a vaccine and no one more masks. Am going too far as to say I think there would be a lot of dead people around.
                              You are correct! No vaccines or masks the death toll would be much higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X