Internal hemorrhoid or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal hemorrhoid or something else?

I have a question for the SCI nurse or anyone with knowledge. While doing bowel program this morning the person helping me felt something smooth and raised about four inches in that she hasn’t felt there before. Could this be a hemorrhoid or something else? What about the prostrate?
    For the bm I used an enimeez. In the last few days I a belladonna opium suppository to calm bladder spasms but I’m don’t know if this could play a role.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Digital stimulation should be avoided in the direction of the prostate, which lays immediately next to the posterior rectal wall. This can cause prostate inflammation. Additionally, digital simulation should be limited to the external anal sphinter...no deeper than the second knuckle.
    Has your urologist done a recent digital prostate exam? Internal hemorrhoids are usually not as deep as 4" from the anal sphincter, and generally would have been noticed by some bright red blood in the stool or on the glove of the person doing bowel care.
    I would recommend getting a digital prostate exam done, and perhaps an ultrasound, and if they does not appear to be the problem, a sigmoidoscopy can be done to assess for and treat internal hemorrhoids if they are bleeding excessively or causing AD.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

My urologist hasn’t done a digital prostrate exam but I’m calling my urologist tomorrow to she if she can examine me. There hasn’t been any recent sign of blood
      Last edited by KyleP2112; 5 Apr 2021, 9:23 PM.
      C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

A prostate nodule is hard to feel accidentally, you really have to know how to do a DRE. But urologist is the expert! CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X