Skin tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skin tag

I've had a skin tag on my bum for a long time. Not an area of full pressure but on the top right of the leg in an area that has feeling. It's an area that annoys me from time to time but I look and there's generally no change.

A couple of days ago I was uncomfortable, looked to see it extended (like a thin - maybe triple hair's width - half centimetre worm, translucent and dark in some places. Yesterday I looked and it had gone back to a spot, dark and firm. Today after showering I transferred to bed and it fell off.

When it fell off the location of what was the tag is looking a bit red, but smooth and blanches.

Should I be worried?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	2908203
    Last edited by mishahu; 2 Apr 2021, 1:39 AM. Reason: add pic

It looks like it could be infected, which can occur with a traumatic rubbing off or tearing off of a skin tag. If it continues to be hard and red or gets larger in size over the next 24-48 hours, I would recommend contacting your provider to see if a short course of antibiotic is indicated.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

this did end up being no problem. thanks

Comment

Working...
      X