Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hesitation in the CC community regarding Covid shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shoulder was quite sore last night and is still a bit sore still today. Couldn't sleep on that side last night as it was quite uncomfortable with pressure on it. Not a big deal, but definitely not 'nothing'.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

No hesitation to get the Covid vaccination here… I am getting the first dose today.
      "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Comment

I go for first dose of Pfizer tomorrow and scheduled for second dose April 15. Getting it at CVS pharmacy.

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

Comment

Had both Moderna.. First one made me super tired and sore arm for 24 hours, 2nd one gave me a temperature sore arm and tired for 48 hours.... doing just dandy now.

My Partners arms swelled up and was bright red for 48 hours.. ; it all cleared up just fine.

Comment

Both my wife and I received both vaccinations now. I got the Moderna and had no side effects with the first shot but the second shot laid me out for one day with fever chills, well worth it though no big deal. My wife got pfizer and had no side effects whatsoever .
            very glad to be vaccinated.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I got mine(moderna) on the 18th, had no issues at all with the shoulder. Mild headache, what surprised me was leg cramps that night. Pain scale a 3. Had not heard of that side effect..so did some browsing, and found it was a known side effect. A day later, I was at a 5 on pain. That night, it hit a 9. Felt like I had run a marathon. Could not lift my legs up into bed. Sucked for the next 24hrs, took a few more days, but most of it cleared up. Scheduled for the 2nd one on the 15th, can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I would rather be safe, than sorry. If it happens again, at least this time I'll be prepared for it. As soon as I get my phone back (it died and a new one on the way) I plan on doing the CDC's (smartphone) V-safe. (vsafe.cdc.gov)

Comment

For all of you who don't get vaccinated. I hope it's your own death and you don't pass it onto an innocent person. That is the selfishness of first time around that took innocent lives.
                Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
                Bob Seger

Comment

I got my first Pfizer today with my long time companion, neither she nor I are experiencing any side effects.
                  We go for second shot on April 15.

It feels good to be getting some protection. I am racking up the years and I think Covid would either take me out or mess me up good. Will continue to follow CDC guidelines before, during, and after vaccine.

Thanks for all the updates and varied reactions.

Comment

• gjnl
                    gjnl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The suggested interval date between injections is 28 days with the Pfizer vaccine. Your April 15 appointment for the second vaccination is scheduled for 22 days after the first injection. I don't know if the shorter interval matters much. I know that the interval can be extended from 28 days (four weeks) to 6 weeks between vaccinations. That said, I think I would ask my doctor or the vaccinating agency you are using about the shorter interval. Might getting the second vaccination too soon make you subject to more severe reactions?

NL

EDIT: Sorry, I have it wrong. The interval for Pfizer vaccination is 21 days and the interval for Moderna is 28 days. Mea Culpa!!!!
                    Last edited by gjnl; 26 Mar 2021, 1:45 PM.

Originally posted by ChesBay View Post
                  I got my first Pfizer today with my long time companion, neither she nor I are experiencing any side effects.
                  We go for second shot on April 15.

It feels good to be getting some protection. I am racking up the years and I think Covid would either take me out or mess me up good. Will continue to follow CDC guidelines before, during, and after vaccine.

Thanks for all the updates and varied reactions.
                  Very cool. I haven't been able to get scheduled for my 4-13 2nd shot yet. Not at the only clinic available to me in the list, anyway, the VB Convention Center. Says "No appointments available" for all the Pfizer days between 4-1 and 4-19. Plenty of 2nd Moderna slots during that time, though. Maybe it's a supply issue?! I dunno. I was able to find slots open for Pfizer only on 4-20, a week after I'm supposed to have it.

I read the guidelines that say up to ~40 days delay has been shown to still be effective but I wonder if that's reduced effectiveness at all?
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post

Very cool. I haven't been able to get scheduled for my 4-13 2nd shot yet. Not at the only clinic available to me in the list, anyway, the VB Convention Center. Says "No appointments available" for all the Pfizer days between 4-1 and 4-19. Plenty of 2nd Moderna slots during that time, though. Maybe it's a supply issue?! I dunno. I was able to find slots open for Pfizer only on 4-20, a week after I'm supposed to have it.

I read the guidelines that say up to ~40 days delay has been shown to still be effective but I wonder if that's reduced effectiveness at all?
                    I went to the CVS at 6678 Virginia Beach Blvd. ( close to Newtown Road) .It might be worth calling or even going over with card showing First Pfizer shot and explaining circumstances to see if they can give you a slot for your due date.
                    I found them to be very flexible and great to work with. Also, a smooth steady flow of people but not more than 8-10 at a time so no “ crowds” at all, like the clinics I see on local TV.

Might be worth a try. Definitely good folks there to help and as I said my impression was a professional but flexible set up.

Edit: Oddity, I just looked at CVS scheduling and in questionnaire they ask if you need 1st shot or just Second shot so it seems your situation is not unusual. Personally I’d suggest driving over when you feel up to it and explaining circumstances to see if you can get slot.

From CVS intake form:

” Depending on the manufacturer, the COVID-19 vaccine can require either one dose or two doses. Tell us if you need to start vaccination, or if you only need to schedule a second dose because you've already received the first dose somewhere else.

What do you need? (required)
                    I need to start vaccination.
                    I only need to schedule a second dose.“

https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/s...vd/dose-select

NL
                    Thank you for pointing out interval times. I will check on that.

NL:
                    Thanks, sounds good.
                    Last edited by ChesBay; 26 Mar 2021, 1:52 PM.

Comment

• gjnl
                      gjnl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry I had the vaccines mixed up. The interval between shots for Moderna is 28 days and for Pfizer is 21. You are good to go. Mea Culpa

NL
                      Last edited by gjnl; 26 Mar 2021, 7:00 PM.

Received my second shot tonight. So far no issues.

Comment

Received 2nd shot along with wife 4/3. Lines were 10 times bigger than for 1st shot. We had no ill effects after 1st shot and I had none after 2nd. My wife had low grade fever and fatigue one day after 2nd shot. She is okay now.

Comment

A lot of those giving shot are techs, they don’t know how to give shots in the leg and not trained. The deltoid will be sore. Stories of “therm” the top part of the arm is all it is-usually. It will go away in 3 days, use it like normal. You could ask if a nurse is there but it is not a common place to give shots in the general population. My 30 year old son said his was just slightly sore. No big deal. Mine was very sore but no big deal. You will feel so much better(relief? Hope?) after you get it! CWO
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

It has been opened up to more adults-great news! CWO
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Got the AstraZeneca shot five weeks ago. No major effects, just mild fever and redness on the shot area. Did my antibodies test for S1 and got 1350 IU/ml with only the first shot. Should get my second shot in a few months.

Comment

Working...
                            X