Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hesitation in the CC community regarding Covid shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get mine tomorrow morning! My arms are in failure mode, so much so that we got a Hoyer today on an emergent basis. I'm going to request it in my thigh. Any advice about that?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
      I'm getting my first Moderna shot on Wednesday. I'm a little anxious about feeling like shit but not hesitant.
      If you didn't have covid you probably won't feel badly with the first shot. My parents both got the Moderna shot and they did fine. Dad felt crappy after the second shot, but they both just went about their business with no interruptions with the first one.

Comment

I was in my car. Now the thing is drive thru, in and out. They prefer the deltoid. But ask them. Have Acetaminophen ready just in case. CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday. I remained in my van throughout the process. Took about one hour.

Comment

Originally posted by air ohs View Post
            scheduled for 1st phizer shot this tuesday the 16th.
            c4/5 incomplete
            Got 1st Pfizer shot at 230 yesterday ..so far nothing

Comment

No hesitation to get the Covid vaccination here… I am getting the first dose on Friday, March 17 and would’ve done it sooner if I could’ve as a coronavirus infection could’ve easily killed me since my injury is at C4 5 limiting my lung capacity to about 3/4 normal.
              C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

• gjnl
                gjnl commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope the date above is a typo. Don't want you to miss the place you have in line. Today (Wednesday) is March 17. Friday is the 19 of March 2021.

Good Luck,
                NL

Had my second Pfizer shot three weeks ago. Never any side effects.

Comment

Well, I missed my spot today. As soon as I pulled into the parking space (they are doing it inside our city's big convention center, not drive through) my bladder started going spasmodic and involuntary voiding lots of pee and blood. (I've had one UTI in the past many many years, and an otherwise stable bladder, so I was totally unprepared to managed the voiding.)

Going to the urologist tomorrow morning instead.
                (Cant hold any volume and flecks of blood and pee involuntarily voiding every 15-30 minutes under hard spasms. Probably a UTI.)

FYI: rescheduling a missed vax spot is as easy as logging in to the cdc.gov vax registration/management site and choosing a new day and time.

Spinal Cord Injury: The gift that keeps on giving!!
                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                  Well, I missed my spot today. As soon as I pulled into the parking space (they are doing it inside our city's big convention center, not drive through) my bladder started going spasmodic and involuntary voiding lots of pee and blood. (I've had one UTI in the past many many years, and an otherwise stable bladder, so I was totally unprepared to managed the voiding.)

Going to the urologist tomorrow morning instead.
                  (Cant hold any volume and flecks of blood and pee involuntarily voiding every 15-30 minutes under hard spasms. Probably a UTI.)

FYI: rescheduling a missed vax spot is as easy as logging in to the cdc.gov vax registration/management site and choosing a new day and time.

Spinal Cord Injury: The gift that keeps on giving!!
                  oh i hope you get it under control no fun

Comment

Some organisms causing UTI’s can be bloody. Maybe you can call or maybe they will automatically reschedule you. But it couldn’t be helped. Try to use another email and maybe phone number if it is showing someone already uses that email/phone number. See if we are all a number or they go by name? And you should probably wait two weeks to clear up UTI. They will ask you all kinds of question before they give you the shot! CWO
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                      Some organisms causing UTI’s can be bloody. Maybe you can call or maybe they will automatically reschedule you. But it couldn’t be helped. Try to use another email and maybe phone number if it is showing someone already uses that email/phone number. See if we are all a number or they go by name? And you should probably wait two weeks to clear up UTI. They will ask you all kinds of question before they give you the shot! CWO
                      i got rescheduled easily enough, for Monday vaccination, but you're saying I need to consider waiting, if I do have a UTI?! Ok. I'll talk to my Uro about that tomorrow. I sure don't want to wait, unless it's absolutely required for solid medical reasons! Waited long enough it feels like!
                      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Yes talk with your doctor

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post

oh i hope you get it under control no fun
                          Thanks. It seems to be in the processes of being sorted out. Have a 2nd trip to Uro tomorrow for follow up.

Got my 1st shot today. Doc seemed to think that would be fine, important enough to do, so I did.

Comment

Take the shot in the leg. I did no problems. Save your arms you may never know what side effects you will get from the shot in the future. My arms are shot so I would only take it in the leg. They guy as me why I told him about my shoulders he said he do what I did. Get it in the leg if you can.
                            Art

Comment

I asked to get the injection in my leg, but no one at the site was willing to take responsibility so I got it in my shoulder.
                              I had absolutely zero effects from it.
                              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                              NW NJ

Comment

Working...
                              X