Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hesitation in the CC community regarding Covid shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any hesitation in the CC community regarding Covid shot?

I have one scheduled, the first of the two part vaccination, tomorrow. Anyone chose to wait for the J&J?
    As a quadriplegic should I be concerned with side effects of the two-parter?

I'm 75 years old and a C5/6 incomplete quad 45 years post-injury. I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday, 3/9/21. The only side-effect I experienced was I had a mild headache the next morning. I took 2 Tylenol and the headache was gone in about 20 minutes. Hope yours goes as well or better.

Comment

got both mine, just fine

Comment

scheduled for 1st phizer shot this tuesday the 16th.
        c4/5 incomplete

Comment

I got my 1st on the 2nd of this month. I was a little nervous, but I din't have any side effect other than very light pain on the injection area. The second one will be soon. Still nervous, but well... I will get it. C5/6 complete.

Comment

well i got blasted for not going to take but i say if you want it take it. but i dont take the flue vacine either and i don/t get sick

Comment

I get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow.

Comment

I am not going to take it. I never get the flu vaccine either. I almost never get sick I see no reason to take a vaccine for a virus that 99.6% of the cases are mild. If you want to take it by all means do so. Just know the risk and weigh that against your perception of the reward. I do not think the bad things that happen after people get the vaccine get much press. Over 1600 have died, 36 women have miscarried after vaccine. Thousands of adverse reactions. I guess I am saying do your research and make an informed decision.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
                  SCI-Nurse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you aware of the VA study that indicates a 19% death rate for people with SCI who contract COVID? And the studies that show up to 30% of those who get even just mild cases have long term health issues such as neurological problems, heart disease, permanent lung damage, renal failure, and liver failure. Over 500,000 have died in the USA alone. (KLD)

• SCI-Nurse
                  SCI-Nurse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I dare you to provide citations from the scientific literature on this!
                  Fearmongering Vaccine Stories Go Viral Online
                  The odds of dying after getting a COVID-19 vaccine are virtually nonexistent. According to recent data from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, you're three times more likely to get struck by lightning. But you might not know that from looking at your social media feed.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/25/98003...mguL2s2OdnNGUk

(KLD)

• djrolling
                  djrolling commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know there have been deaths reported after taking the vaccine as well as miscarriages after taking the vaccine. I also know that they will say there is no connection yet everything is a covid death and only covid death seems to matter you know there is no scientific literature on this this early in the clinical trial that is currently being done on the world at large. the adverse reactions I spoke of are reported in that database that tracks them, cannot remember the name right this minute. I will take my chances. We do not even know the real numbers for covid due to the fact that they call every positive test a case and the inventor of the test said you could not use it to diagnose a case. They also tested at up to 47 cycles and again the inventor of the test said that anything above I believe 30 or 35 cycles would give you I think 80 to 90% false positives and if you increased the cycles up to 60 you would get a 100% positive. This is for anything you are testing for. The real fear mongering has been this whole pandemic and the "vaccine" I stand by my statements

By all accounts the vaccine is perfectly safe. It certainly seems like the wisest and safest course to take the vaccine. I am finally eligible to take it this week.

I did want to check with my doctor about the effect on colonized bladder bacteria. I normally am colonized due to intermittent catheter and was going to ask if the immune response to the vaccine would weaken the ability of the immune system to keep that colonization in check.

Comment

I have an appointment for vaccination in three days.
                  I can't wait!

And for those who say they never get sick, there's always a first time. Just Hope it's not the last time
                  69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                  NW NJ

Comment

I got the first of 2 in my leg because of my shoulder and didn't want to take any chances with my shoulders. No problems at all. They give it on the outside of your leg were the muscle is.
                    Art

Comment

I found this article good not so much for deciding differences between vaccines, as for it's admission that those differences matter and should be considered. I get my second Moderna shot on Wednesday and not looking forward to it. Last time I had a headache (easily fixed), but then increased spasticity for 4 days. That was miserable. I still think it is better to suffer known symptoms for a week, even than suffer Covid itself. I have COPD, banding, -plenty already that leaves me gasping.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting my first Moderna shot on Wednesday. I'm a little anxious about feeling like shit but not hesitant.
                        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Got both of mine. The deltoid muscle will be sore (top part of the arm). I took Acetaminophen low dose -325 mg before I went to bed-for both the first night and second night. After the second shot the next day I decided to go cut all the frozen limbs etc.. it definitely was no worse than the first. Take Tylenol 1-2 tabs every 6 hours if needed. I doubt you will.I had Moderna thru the drive thru in Houston. Pretty cool! Now I am volunteering and will be the one they call over if anyone has symptoms during the first 15 minutes. I know hundreds of people who have had Pfizer or Moderna without any problems. Let us know! Continue wearing mask and/or ask your caregivers because of the variants and its mutations. CWO
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                            Got both of mine. The deltoid muscle will be sore (top part of the arm). I took Acetaminophen low dose -325 mg before I went to bed-for both the first night and second night. After the second shot the next day I decided to go cut all the frozen limbs etc.. it definitely was no worse than the first. Take Tylenol 1-2 tabs every 6 hours if needed. I doubt you will.I had Moderna thru the drive thru in Houston. Pretty cool! Now I am volunteering and will be the one they call over if anyone has symptoms during the first 15 minutes. I know hundreds of people who have had Pfizer or Moderna without any problems. Let us know! Continue wearing mask and/or ask your caregivers because of the variants and its mutations. CWO
                            good to know

question how many variants and mutations are out there

thank you for all u do

Comment

Working...
                            X