Gallbladder symptoms being a Quadriplegic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallbladder symptoms being a Quadriplegic

What would be some symptoms caused be gallbladder stones? Lately my pulse will raise to over 100 bpm especially after I eat and get super bloated last year I had an ultrasound of bladder and doctor said I had small stone. Could that be causing my pulse to spike up?

I was in intense pain and started turning yellow.
    Had to have it removed.

Comment

Although I'm not a quad, I had the same symptoms as Mitchitsu. Nearly doubled over with pain and turned a nasty yellow. Also had mine removed. Out of the hospital after two days; much less invasive procedure than it used to be.

Comment

I suspect a small stone could cause your BP to spike if it blocks the bile duct. Or maybe just because you are a sensitive guy. AD is unpredictable and it sounds like you are having AD episodes.

Comment

Gall bladder problems are not uncommon in people with SCI, due to decreased motility of the gall bladder, allowing precipitation of stones and "sludge" in the gall bladder. This is one reason that your annual ultrasound of your urinary tract should also include an ultrasound of your gall bladder, to determine if you are developing issues there before there are symptoms. A small stone inside the gall bladder is not as concerning as one lodged in the common bile duct. If the condition goes onto an infection of the gall bladder (cholecystitis) you can rupture the gall bladder or develop septicemia.

Signs and symptoms may include referred pain to the right shoulder, nausea and vomiting, or AD, especially following a meal with a lot of fat.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X