No announcement yet.

SCI nurse, or anyone, please help with pressure sore/possible burn on left foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCI nurse, or anyone, please help with pressure sore/possible burn on left foot

Hello everyone,
    I'm hoping someone can help me w/a problem I'm having on my left foot. I noticed it was red a few days ago, I figured was due to pressure so I started wearing a heel protector instead of sneaker. the other night CNA mentioned the foot was warm compared to right foot. I asked her to take a pic which is when I noticed the areas that look like burn blisters.

This could be friction burns from when I was doing stretching exercises for my hamstrings. The thing is, it's been about 3 months since we did that exercise for more than 10 repetitions. I lost all sensation in my left leg (because of the spinal cord tethering) 3 months ago and so started being more careful with the left leg.

it could also be a burn from my electric blanket, but I really doubt that. I don't think the blanket gets hot enough to cause that type of burn and I've never been burned anywhere else by the blanket.

I just emailed a picture to my doctor at Click image for larger version

Name:	Dan Gove left foot-burn-presure sore B.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	2906853 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dan Gove left foot-burn-presure sore.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	2906854 MyChart.com but was hoping I could get some feedback here too. Again, I'm not sure if it's a burn or pressure sore or combination. I'm hoping to avoid a trip to the ER, but I will if I have to. I hope the two pictures I uploa come through.come through. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
    Dan G. in CT

It looks like a blister-can’t say a burn blister. A blister has pus/fluid inside. Pressure ulcers can look like that. But it may be cellulitis. Redness above area. Would recommend antibiotics ASAP. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Cover it up with duederm for a week . See if blisters go away

Comment

Not advisable to cover a closed blister with Duoderm (hydrocolloid) dressing. The adhesive will rip the blister open when it is changed. Heel blisters that are pressure injuries should be kept intact until the dead skin falls off on it's own. This may take 4-6 weeks. Meanwhile, no ointments or dressings advised. Keep all pressure off of the area.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X