No announcement yet.

CV Shot/Sore Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWO, it's for heartworms. In no way shape or form would I ever take anything with Ivermectin, seen to many instances of dog's that have died from it. There's a number of clinical trials that have been done on humans for covid..makes for interesting reading, but that's it for me. Thanks anyways, but I'll wait for the vaccine. They are still at 70+ group here, I fall into the next group)I rarely get off my hill, so Covid concerns for me are very low...it's exacerbated other health issues that are very concerning. Your damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I just wonder how many people will die from ivermectin, when they decide to try and treat it on there own...look what happened when trump questioned Fauci with the "injecting or drinking disinfectant" could be a good way to fight Covid. Lysol had to put out a warning to the public. Hope Merck also does the same..

Comment

Day after the Moderna vaccine my arm was sore to the touch, but not in using it. I had mild headache, general lethargy, and bad spasticity. All was resolved with one Tylenol and 1/8 mg clonazepam, which is my emergency solution for unusual spasticity. Next dose is 3/17. The downside was we had to drive 90 minutes, as we could get no appointments closely. Still grateful .

Comment

I had my second dose of Pfizer on 02/08. I received it at 8:30 am. I was very tired by 12, so much so that I was falling asleep chewing my lunch. About 12 hours after the shot I became achy, had a headache, fever, and chills. They lasted until the following evening. Have felt fine since.

Comment

When I get the flu shot I usually take Naproxen(Aleve) later that night. But I heard Dr. Hotez, the ID Houston doctor say on TV that the ant-iinflammatory effect of the NSAIDS could lessen the CV vaccine's response- not be as strong and a weaker effect. So, there goes that. I guess you can take Tyelenol but I wouldn't mind just sleeping for a day! They say the reaction is showing a great immune response which is what they want- so it is worth it!
          My muscle soreness with the first one was just the deltoid muscle the one she injected it in. It didn't bother me unless I touched it.
          Don't know when my second one will be with all the weather etc... issues in Houston area. They missed a week of vaccinations or almost. I don't live in Houston or Harris County but... my county did nothing, for large volumes. Houston has several hubs. I think my county is getting one but love you Houston, Judge Hidalgo and Mayor Turner!
          CWO

The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

8 Things to Know Before Your Second COVID-19 Vaccine
            From AARP Webletter

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditio...6lmiQ4EVltg%3d

Many people who had little to no reaction to the first vaccine dose are reporting that the second one packs a punch — surprising even those who study vaccines for a living.

Greg Poland, M.D., an infectious disease expert at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and director of Mayo's vaccine research group, had only mild symptoms after his first dose. But the second one left him shaking — literally — with chills and a temperature of 101.

"I took one Tylenol and went to bed and woke up the next morning 90 percent improved, and by midday I was back to normal,” Poland says. “This is not an indication of something going wrong; it is an indication of a vigorous immune response.”

There is
            no live virus in the vaccine, so you can't get COVID-19 from being vaccinated.

Participants in
            clinical trials of both vaccines had experiences similar to Poland's. In Pfizer's clinical trial, for instance, 31 percent of participants ages 18 to 55 reported a fever after the second dose, compared to only 8 percent after the first one. Fatigue, chills, headache and muscle/joint pain were also more common after the second injection for both vaccines.

The good news is, older adults were less likely to experience vaccine reactions, the data shows. Among those age 55 and up in the Pfizer trial, 22 percent experienced fever after the second dose, and 3 percent had a temperature after the first dose.

Schaffner recommends not making any big plans for the day after your scheduled vaccine appointment.

NL

Comment

I go for my 2nd Pfizer dose at 5pm today, hopefully goes smooth. Also hoping for good roads the whole way, I'm about 25-30 miles away. Nothing like an adventure.

edit: forgot to say; the first one was easy, my arm ached the next day, but no real problems. Hope this one goes well too.
              "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Thanks. Good to know the older people don’t have a worse reaction. So Tylenol it is. CWO
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

More to report, my reactions seemed to last for 3 days and consisted mainly of increased spasticity, to the point my breathing was labored all day. Finally today was ok.

Comment

So far, the 2nd shot was as easy on me as the first. My arm is pretty sore, sensitive to touch around the site, but no impact on movement. Time will tell....

I had no problems at the vaccine location either for 1st or 2nd doses. They had the crowd control lines all setup, but both times I went, there were only 3-4 people ahead of me, don't know if that's normal, or just good luck timing on my part.

Good luck to all who try to get it.
                    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

I can see where spasticity could be increased. Might be good to take Tylenol to tone irritation down.
                      With scheduling they really are trying to make it where people don't have to wait for long especially in inclement weather. I stayed in my car and got it through the window- which was good because it started to rain pretty hard. The whole process with 15 minutes of recovery took no more than an hour. But I would say be prepared to wait, just in case.
                      My husband had his second shot yesterday morning (non SCI) he says his upper arm is so sore it hurts when he moves it. NO other part of the arm.
                      CWO

Comment

I am a 68 yo C6-C7 Quad. I got my 1st dose of the Moderna vaccine on February 12. Felt nothing, no sore injection site. Looking forward to my 2nd dose on March 12. Get vaccinated!

Comment

I received my second vaccination yesterday. Surprisingly, my arm is not as sore at the injection site as it was after the first vaccination. But, last night and so far this morning I am experiencing a fever of 100.9, chills, overall body aches, and I feel exhausted. Think I will curl up with a hot tea and take it easy today.

NL

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
                            SCI-Nurse commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You can take Tylenol or an NSAID for such symptoms AFTER your injection to manage any symptoms. (KLD)
                        Working...
                        X