CV Shot/Sore Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Shot/Sore Arm

A friend of mine had heard the shot leaves a person with a sore arm. He's concerned it may interfere with his transfers or related use of his arm from the soreness after getting the shot.

Has anyone who received one have soreness to the point it interfered with transfers or bp. He lives by himself so is considering hiring an aide for a day if it requires it. Thanks.

My arm was sore for a day but didn't interfere with transfers, etc. Just sore. Second dose is worse from what I'm told.

Comment

Forget the vaccine I just want the cure if I get it like they gave to trump that cured him in two days and everyone else that is considered important.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Get the vaccine. tRUMP was not cured by the treatments he got...he was just lucky he got a mild case. (KLD)

• Oddity
        Oddity commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to mention, getting sick and going into the hospital costs a fortune, isn't risk free on its own, and is a huge waste of resources, and everyone's time, compared to a simple vaccination.

I get mine tomorrow at 11:30. Sounds like they're running people thru every ten minutes as my wife has hers at 11:20. Thanks for the responses so far. My firend reads CC but doesn't postfor some reason.

Comment

Had the shot this morning. No pain or soreness so far. Was well organized with just my wife and I in the large room. Had to wait 15 minutes after and given an appointment for 28 days from now.

Comment

I got my first dose this AM too. Pfizer vaccine. Arm is a little sore, anticipate it being more sore tomorrow, hopefully not enough to interfere with function. Next dose scheduled for 2/18. Only downside for me being retired is not being able to get it sooner with my former nurse colleagues.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
            SCI-Nurse commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, now 36 hours after my injection I am no longer sore in my arm at all. (KLD)

I’ve had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Sore arm both times. Didn’t start hurting until at least six hours after the injection and soreness was gone after 24 hours. It did not prevent me from doing anything including transferring and hauling my chair in and out of the car.

Second dose can be rough because of feverish symptoms and body aches (because hopefully by then you’re having an immune reaction), but the soreness still didn’t prevent me from doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
            Second dose can be rough because of feverish symptoms and body aches (because hopefully by then you’re having an immune reaction)
            If you experienced this, how long after your 2nd shot did it take till you had these symptoms, and how long did they last? Thanks in advance

get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Please be sure to report any COVID-19 immunization side effects you experience on the V-Safe CDC website/app:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ety/vsafe.html

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by nauticalmike View Post
                Forget the vaccine I just want the cure if I get it like they gave to trump that cured him in two days and everyone else that is considered important.
                "Get the vaccine. tRUMP was not cured by the treatments he got...he was just lucky he got a mild case."

Come on man, Bidet called out for unity. Is there any verification available that President Trump's case was a mild one?

Comment

Originally posted by quadvet View Post
                  If you experienced this, how long after your 2nd shot did it take till you had these symptoms, and how long did they last? Thanks in advance
                  I got my second shot kinda late in the day, about 7pm. Woke up the next day around 10am feeling pretty tired and wiped out. I felt cold even though I put the thermostat to 75 degrees and wire a blanket most of the day. Bummed around the house all day because I’d been anticipating it and went to sleep early. I was back to 100% functionality the next day and felt fine. Worked a normal day and did some errands in the morning before work.

Since I didn’t have those side effects with the first dose (and Pfizer first and second doses are identical) I assume I never had a COVID infection and the immune response with the second dose must mean I’ve built up antibodies, so I’m quite pleased with the result.

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post

I got my second shot kinda late in the day, about 7pm. Woke up the next day around 10am feeling pretty tired and wiped out. I felt cold even though I put the thermostat to 75 degrees and wire a blanket most of the day. Bummed around the house all day because I’d been anticipating it and went to sleep early. I was back to 100% functionality the next day and felt fine. Worked a normal day and did some errands in the morning before work.

Since I didn’t have those side effects with the first dose (and Pfizer first and second doses are identical) I assume I never had a COVID infection and the immune response with the second dose must mean I’ve built up antibodies, so I’m quite pleased with the result.
                    Good to know, as I am getting my 2nd dose this week (Pfizer). Thanks for sharing.

get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyjames View Post

"Get the vaccine. tRUMP was not cured by the treatments he got...he was just lucky he got a mild case."

Come on man, Bidet called out for unity. Is there any verification available that President Trump's case was a mild one?

Ivermectin has been touted by a group of the most competent, prestigious medical researchers in the country as being 100% effective at preventing Covid-19. They testified to the senate about it.
                      Check YouTube for videos about ivermectin, and you should find the meeting.

Comment

Ivermectin is in Heartguard for dogs, cats. While it is used for humans....God knows, how many people are going to go to petsmart etc to try and treat themselves. FDA is worried enough about it to put out a warning?

Q: Is there any danger to humans taking ivermectin?

A: There are approved uses for ivermectin in people and animals but it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.You should not take any medicine to treat or prevent COVID-19 unless it has been prescribed to you by your health care provider and acquired from a legitimate source.

So who do you listen to/trust, if the FDA is saying they have not approved it for Covid 19?

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinar...tended-animals

Comment

Take the vaccine. Only the deltoid muscle will be sore. That us it. And you can catch the virus after 2-3 months of having it! Why would you take the chance? Ivermectin-I don’t have heart worms or is it for fleas? Wait till research is done on any treatment! CWO

Comment

Working...
                          X