Sacral Wound after bed rest w/ Butt Wound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacral Wound after bed rest w/ Butt Wound

Having a lot of frustrations keeping my skin healthy. Feeling like a failure after doing really really well with skin health for years. I’m developing redness that’s not going away on my sacral area after laying in bed quite a bit to stay off the wound on my butt.
    The wound on my butt is getting better but now the skin on my sacral area is not looking good. I know the usual things to do like change positions more, don’t set up above 30?, lay on my side more, also ordered mepilex border dressing specifically for this area.

Any suggestions? For laying flat in bed, what’s the best angle to have the legs and head of the bed to relieve pressure from the sacral area? When I am up in my wheelchair, will tilting back for a lot of pressure on the sacral wound skin?
    I have a memory foam mattress right now but I’m thinking it doesn’t give me good enough pressure relief. Thanks all
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

I try to get on my belly in the prone position. Good Luck.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Comment

I can’t do laying prone for long… claustrophobia feelings. The sacral reddening is getting better now that I have a good mepilex on it. Jjust shows how quickly one area can start to have a skin breakdown when attempting to heal another skin breakdown/wound
      C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
      X