Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with bowel routine, magic bullets not always working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not on any medication doctor claims nothing is really help than 35 years can't stand as foot drop is really bad. Ckf, I do drink plenty of fluids will try some chicken broth or something
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
      SCI-Nurse commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you seen a gastroenterologist about your gastroparesis? Your foot drop is on both feet and fixed (can't be ranged out)? That is unfortunate. Standing could have prevented that. (KLD)

Originally posted by Quadzila@optonline.net View Post
    I do it everyday to prevent bowel accidents. It's been many years since I've had an accident but I'm still very reluctant to switch to an every-other-day schedule. How often do you all do your bowel routine, every day or every other day? More? If you use magic bullets, have you noticed they haven't been working as well lately?
    Any other advice you can give on how to make the bowel routine easier?
    Dan G.
    I used to do it every day. See my response here https://www.carecure.net/forum/sci-c...89#post2913789

I feel your digestive system is showing signs of ageing perhaps. Your gastro doc would know better than us. Have you explored the possibility of colostomy?
    Keep pushing!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
      not on any medication doctor claims nothing is really help than 35 years can't stand as foot drop is really bad. Ckf, I do drink plenty of fluids will try some chicken broth or something
      Yes GI Dr. did endoscope and told me I had ulcers & gastroparesis. Foot drop on both feet, after 42 yrs post don't think they would range back.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        So is that the doctor who told you there was no treatment for gastroparesis? Did he also do nothing to treat your ulcers? If so, I would get another opinion. (KLD)

Originally posted by Hawk View Post

Yes GI Dr. did endoscope and told me I had ulcers & gastroparesis. Foot drop on both feet, after 42 yrs post don't think they would range back.
      Because Reglan can interfere with the brain chemical dopamine, people who take the drug are at risk of developing tardive dyskinesia. Ulcers were treated with Carafate and Protonix they seem to be fine now they were not bleeding

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
        SCI-Nurse commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Reglan comes with some possible serious side effects, but it is the best drug for treating gastroparesis. Were you tested for H. Pylori for your ulcers? (KLD)

Yes I was tested 2 times with negative results. All of my doctors agree that I should eat multiple small low fat low fiber meals. white bread, white pasta, and white rice. foods made with refined white flour, such as pancakes and bagels. low fiber cereal, hot or cold canned vegetables, fresh vegetables, in small amounts, if they are well-cooked potatoes without the skin, eggs. boring stuff

Comment

Working...
      X