New Wound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wound

So now I have a new skin breakdown, a wound, that seems to be getting better but is a little stubborn. I’ve had it for a week now. The tissues seems very healthy but I wanted to show a couple pictures to see if anyone had advice.

This wound is on a major pressure point. My last “major“ wound requiring surgery was 10 years ago so I hope to keep that streak up. Right now I’m in bed, completely off the wound, which should greatly help the healing.
    Last edited by KyleP2112; 4 Jan 2021, 6:13 PM.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Day 7. Using wound cleaning spray, wound gell and sterile gauze dressing. Been in bed off my but the last two days since this is right above a major pressure point, my ischium
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2EB9C856-52B1-43D2-9210-A6D6C7A1546C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	194.5 KB ID:	2905704
    Last edited by KyleP2112; 4 Jan 2021, 10:08 PM.

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Stay in bed and off the site un til healed. You had previous pressure injury in same area? Cwo
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

have had several pressure wounds in the area. Two skin flaps, The last was 10 years ago.

What”s the best dressing while I’m in bed off the spot? Does it need gauze and tape? It’s been it with wound spray, applied hydro gel but not sure how often to leave gauze off for times. This ok? Thanks

Day 9
        Last edited by KyleP2112; 7 Jan 2021, 5:58 PM.

Comment

Clean with normal saline ir wound cleanser. Something like a hydrocolloid thin dressing. With tape windowpanes. CWO
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

On day 10 there definitely seems to be quite a bit of healing and new tissue growth which is great. I have an appointment for a wound care clinic but I am wary of going with the coronavirus levels around here.

I’ll definitely try to get a thin hydrocolloid dressing (McKesson make the thin hdocolloid dressings). I remember using exuderm patches in the past but they weren’t good as they too thick.

My question is: Should this dressing be on 24hrs a day? Changed twice a day?

Last edited by KyleP2112; 7 Jan 2021, 6:27 PM.

Comment

On 34 hrs:day. Change every 3 days or if gets soiled. McKesson is distributor, but it has. Extra thin /thin hydrocolloid or you might try medihoney . CWO

Comment

Should be -24 hrs daily.

Comment

I’m using a wound healing support dressing I’ve had success with before right now . It’s called Promogran Prisma. Any knowledge of which dressing is better, the Hydrocolloid or Promogran?

Since my wound is very healthy and is improving I’m considering staying away from the wound care clinic because of coronavirus levels in Albany County New York state where I live and I nfection risk. Not sure if it’s the wisest.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	4F9EA740-18FB-4DAD-9176-FE314AB35E7C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	2905843

Comment

Promo gram is definitely better to prevent infection. I have never used it on a shallow pressure injury. Usually deeper and healing is stalled. Promo gram would be fine and since you have it then use it. If you go to wound clinic, wear your mask and they will wear theirs but they might do virtually, with camera. CWO

Comment

How long should a hydrocolloid dressing be on?’

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
                        SCI-Nurse commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Usually 3-4 days. (KLD)
                    Working...
                    X