Newer Skincare products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer Skincare products?

I'm wondering what suggestions there are for moisturizers for dry butt skin. I've seen older threads, but wondering if there is newer superior products now. Very dry cracking skin that shears off. I have been using Cerave cream, but it doesn't seem to be working. I am in the midst of trying to get my Ride cushion working also. I'm even wondering about the old stuff by Udderly Smooth or Bagbalm? Ideas please. I see Udderly Smooth extra care has urea, but that leaves a film doesn't it? I seen a nurse say in a post the cream should disappear, so I'm confused weather or not to have something that leaves a film???
    Last edited by monkeygirl; 20 Nov 2020, 6:30 PM. Reason: Also, should it have Dimethicone or Urea in it. I see alpha-hydroxy & ceremides is the new buzz in creams like Cerave?

There are many possibilities but for dry skin anywhere, especially with winter coming, I always recommend Aquaphor, or it’s equivalent. We order it in a tub. For moisturizing, best to apply to damp skin. If for irritation, apply to damp skin. CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Cerave’ healing ointment is great also. I have never used it on anything but face and arms. It has several ceramics but has hyaluronic acid, great for hydration. Not cheap. CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I use Udderly Smooth on my face and butt. Anywhere my skin gets dry. It does leave a whiteish residue if applied heavily, but a drop of water on a finger blends it around the edges.
        "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
        T5/6 complete

Comment

Working...
        X