Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pain, potentially nerve pain in bottoms of feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pain, potentially nerve pain in bottoms of feet?

Good morning,

I've recently been having significant burning pain in the soles of my feet. I do not know what to attribute this to? Does anyone have any suggestions or potential solutions?

C4/C5, 3.5 years post

I am already taking baclofen from 20 mg three times per day, gabapentin 600 mg three times per day. Those are probably the only relevant medications that I am currently taking.

thank you
    Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Do you have normal sensation in your feet, or is this an area where you otherwise have no sensation?

Are you also diabetic? Burning pain in the feet can be associated with peripheral neuropathy related to either alcoholism or diabetes.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Not also diabetic, however that day I was weight-bearing standing earlier that day. I do not have normal sensation in this area yet, however I can feel things somewhat like hot water for temperature, or vibration from something like a percussive massage Unit. the day after I did not have much of this sort of thing at all. That would lead me to believe that I would link it to the weight-bearing standing.
      Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
      Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

My girl has this. She could walk but it caused her so much pain she used a chair. The vibration in the chair bothered her so I worked on it to eliminate most of it. Be careful with the Gabapentin, it made her feel like she was looking for a bridge to jump off on occasion.

Comment

• Vindex
          Vindex commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much for your information
      Working...
      X