Dark Urine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Urine

Supra Pubic Cath - Urine has been dark for a few weeks - drink 31oo ml per day, so I'm hydrated - any idea why my urine would be dark? No odor -

Thanks in advance !

Amber color- still considered normal. Dark amber to brown-Usually not enough water intake but others issues possible. Do you feel tired?
    Medication? Food coloring in meds and/or food. Some vitamins.
    Liver function problem? usually medication issue. Need Liver function tests- blood draw. Would recommend the whole metabolic panel- usually done yearly if not more often.
    Tylenol comes to mind - that is why there is a restriction on amount.
    Also Duloxetine and many, many others.
    Medications are either through liver or kidney and those are the common problems.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks CWO - I'm sure I'm drinking enough - 3100 ml at least - No new meds - I am due for my annual blood work, which should cover all you mentioned - will be done next month.

Thanks again for your reply

Comment

Great! CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Could you measure your daily urine output for a few days as a check on how much liquid is actually going through you? If you're careful about your intake, I don't know how that could be wrong, but it's an easy check.

Comment

Working...
          X