Clear All

COVID-19 and SCI

This is a good quick reference for all:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	COVID-SCI.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	880.7 KB
ID:	2901719

I just learned that one of my former SCI patients with a C6 injury is in the hospital with COVID-19. Bad diarrhea, fever, & coughing, but has managed to stay off the vent. I worry about him!

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 20 Aug 2020, 12:28 PM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Sorry to hear this. How is he doing now?

Comment

So sorry to hear that. This is one wicked virus!
      ckf
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Are posts missing?
        "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
          SCI-Nurse commented
          Editing a comment
          No. Perhaps you are looking for the other thread called "COVID and Quadriplegia".

(KLD)

Thanks, How is your former patient doing?
        "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

Thankfully he never had to go on the vent, although he was on supplemental O2. He was discharged home. They wanted to send him to sub-acute rehab (ie, a nursing home) and he refused (wisely).

(KLD)

Comment

Working...
          X