tape keeps coming off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tape keeps coming off

my mom's pressure sore at the tailbone----- the problem i'm having is the tape keeps coming loose after urine and pooh touch it. the tape is opsite it is suppose to be waterproof but it's not working. anybody know a good waterproof tape?? the wound has some depth not much.

Would a Tegaderm patch work in this application? I've found it pretty tenacious.

Comment

i got some of that tegaderm on it right now. so we will see. i doubt it will work. if it comes up a little that's enough for urine to get to the wound .

Comment

What dressing is under the Opsite? Tegaderm is pretty much the same product.

I often recommend using 3M No Sting Barrier (Cavilon) swabs under areas of tape, as well as areas that are frequently exposed to urine or stool. The spray works well for this as well. You only need to apply it 1X daily regardless of how often you need to wipe or wash the area with non-alcohol skin cleaners. It should not be applied to mucosa or open wounds though.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Try a Mepilex dressing and there is also Mepilex tape.

Comment

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
            Try a Mepilex dressing and there is also Mepilex tape.
            I have been using mepilex dressings on a fairly large open spot for a year now. What was originally a 3x3 open spot is about the size of a nickel now. They are water proof and I have even been able to shower with them on. I was told in the beginning just to dry it off when finished showering and that is all it takes is just a gentle pat dry.

Comment

Working...
            X