Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does fusing one ankle cause flat foot on the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does fusing one ankle cause flat foot on the other?

I had ankle fusion 11/2016. My walking has gotten better but I noticed my right foot which is not fused and is pretty much normal started bothering me when I walk. I went to the dr and he said I had flat foot on my right foot. My question is does fusing one foot cause flat foot on the other?
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Why did you have the fusion? It is most likely that you have had a flat foot on the other side for some time, but it was not noticeable because of more severe problems on the other foot. A flat foot is caused by either over stretching or tearing of the tendons that maintain the arch. What type of physician are you seeing? Did they recommend an orthotic for your flat foot?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
    X