Is Reclast a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Reclast a good idea?

I've taken a couple infusions of Reclast over the last 10 years, Boniva, Actonel before that. I'm c4,5 34 years post injury. I have osteoporosis but all sci's probably do. I'm wondering if this is standard procedure?

I am also interested in this question. My 7/2020 DXA shows total right hip, right femoral as osteoporosis, total left hip, left femoral as osteopenia, spine, forearm normal. I've not currently taking any osteo meds. My dr. mentioned reclast could be used for my condition.

Comment

You should certainly explore this question with your physician, as they are more privy to your particular problems and issue, as well as your care routine.
      In the past, medications have not been found helpful for persons with SCI. Standing and weight bearing are usually recommended for those who are able to do so. Add the medications to this type of regimen and they are a little more helpful. Just like any medication - these meds have their pluses and minuses. So, it is important to weigh the risks and benefits.
      ckf
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X