Peristeen New User with Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NW-Will,

Thanks again for the very helpful tips. I mentioned this forum to my SCI doc and she thought we are very fortunate to be able to exchange information between actual real-world users.

You pre-inflate the catheter balloon to TEN pumps? Wow. I certainly will try that but I was afraid of popping the balloons.

90 minutes for the total procedure, including setup and cleanup does not sound bad. Our docs usually would like the process to require no more than 1 hour, but I am unsure whether they have included the time for setup and cleanup into that hour. Also, you have some waiting times included in your procedure.

Congratulations on not having any recent accidents.

Re using Enemeez, you mentioned waiting 20 minutes. I have a BM about 3 minutes after using the Enemeez. Then, about 5 minutes later I usually have a second wave of defecation. Once I have that second round of elimination, I figure the Enemeez is done with me. I then usually proceed immediately with the Peristeen irrigation.

Enemeez says that as many as three may be used in a day. However, multiple Enemeez may be overkill if irrigation is planned. Also, Enemeez is not free.

Sorry to hear about the hemorrhoid. In most instances the treatment can be fairly brief and effective.

The toilet bidet devices have received good reviews. From what I read, the biggest problem often is whether you have an electrical connection conveniently located near the toilet. One also must consider whether the shape of the seat will cause any discomfort during transfer.

Best,

—John

And if anyone else would like to contribute to these discussions, please join right in. This is not a private discussion.

Comment

Peri stern has a service to answer all questions. They say overfilling the balloon is the cause. Contact Peristeen. CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Overfilling the balloon causes hemorrhoids ???

or overfilling your bowel with water ???

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
        Peri stern has a service to answer all questions. They say overfilling the balloon is the cause. Contact Peristeen. CWO

Comment

I would encourage you to call them.
          ckf
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X