Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should i kill Pseudomonas or leave it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Did you follow these directions when taking it?

MONUROL should be taken orally. Pour the entire contents of a single-dose sachet of MONUROL into 3 to 4 ounces of water (? cup) and stir to dissolve. Do not use hot water. MONUROL should be taken immediately after dissolving in water.
    Yes those were the instructions i followed and it seemed to help but on day 3 symptoms would typically return.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy1981 View Post
      Hm, i will ask. Never heard of this before and not sure i'm following. I did not know you can test urine for BUN/Creatinine levels. I thought that was only done via a blood test. But i can ask my urologist about this.

I should have said "better than a simple creatinine level on a BLOOD test", not urinalysis. Is is called a "creatinine clearance" test.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

You have to ask the lab to check for Fosfomycin (and Minocycline ) sensitivity. It is amazing how many "IV antibiotics. only organisms are sensitive to one or both of these. Now our lab routinely tests it for all SCI and/or Urology specimens.

CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

So here i am still colonized with this Pseudomonas bug (Just confirmed it with a recent culture). I've had it for ~6 months now and my original question (should i kill it) is still on the table. Or in other words my question is what is acceptable for being 'colonized'?

As someone that has been 'colonized' for 6 months here is my experience:
          • I have AD now every time i void whereas normally i rarely had AD when voiding
          • I need to flush bladder with hydrocleanse at least once daily to keep the colonization from becoming an infection.
          • Being colonzized means i can easily have flare ups (get about 1 flare up every 2-3 weeks for the passt 6 months...increased difficulty in urinating, AD, head aches, cloudy urine, sleepless nights, sweating and sometimes rashes accompanay the flare up needing steroid ointment treatment etc). When this happens i increase my flushing dosage/frequency to mitigate the symptoms usually takes about 24 hours.
          • I am not normally usually colonized or at least if i am it's a bug that does not compromise my function as this one does. Prior to this bug i hadn't needed to flush to resolve any symptoms...at worst i would increase my fluid throughput and be fine within 24.
          Any input/advice/anecectotal information on being colonized is welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X