Why do i get so many UTI infections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martiniani77 View Post
    I had no other choice i have a very active life and this leakage is unsupportable couldnt wait until they prescribed me another antibiotic.
    It is the first day taking nitrofurantoine and I already feel better.

My doctor in italy suggested that if I felt any symptoms of infection I couldve treat it myself with Monuril 2 nights in a row or nitrofurantoine 3 daily x5 days.

Probably did the wrong thing this time but hopefuly after i do the botox injections it would be easier with the bladder spasms.
    Do you take an anticholenergic such as oxybutinin?

The routine for self-treatment with nitrofuantoine as above would be appropriate for an AB person who has an occasional simple UTI. It is NOT appropriate for someone with a SCI/D, where true UTIs only should be treated, and then as a complex UTI, with an antibiotic selected through urine C&S, and taken for 10-14 days.

You will need to go on a course of antibiotics, appropriately selected by urine C&S, PRIOR to having your Botox injections.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

UTI/bladder infections can be a major downer for quality-of-life after a spinal cord injury.

In the last six months to a year I?ve had so many problems with my bladder. It?s still an ongoing process but today my urologist is sending me for bloodwork to look for a sign of infection after a sample of urine was tested and came back with infections level of bacteria. when the urine culture came back I didn?t have terrible symptoms but I did have some voiding.
      Today I am getting a ultrasound done of my kidneys and bladder to rule out stones and any other issues. My urologist also is referring me to an infectious disease doctor to see what they can do to help me with the bladder problems. Anyone have any experience being referred to an infectious disease doctor for voiding/infection/bladder pain?

For those out there having major problems hopefully you find some solution and relief with the right doctors/urologist but often it seems like a battle that?s impossible to win.
      C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
      X