Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing Intravenous IV for Bladder-UTI Infection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I have a good update to share. After seven days of intravenous The pseudomonas bacteria infection I had seems to be cleared up and out of my life. My bladder and quality-of-life is better since Im not peeing my pants just about every time I get up and dressed.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

    "We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

    Comment


      #17
      I had a similar experience one and a half years ago. After experiencing UTI symptoms I had my urine cultured. My urologist told me that the infection could not be treated with oral antibiotics. He referred me to a infectious disease specialist. I made an appointment with the specialist. but prior to I instilled microcyn in my bladder on three different ocations. Evening, morning, evening. After that I submitted another urine sample. The result was that the infection was gone. I kept the appointment with the specialist but did not take any antibiotics. That was one and a half years ago and I frequently flush my bladder With microcyn and it seems to work. I also drink a lot of water. On average about 4 to 5 L a day.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by KyleP2112 View Post
        I have a good update to share. After seven days of intravenous The pseudomonas bacteria infection I had seems to be cleared up and out of my life. My bladder and quality-of-life is better since Im not peeing my pants just about every time I get up and dressed.
        Hopefully this has eradicated the pseudomonas. You should get another urine culture and sensitivity done about a week after you have finished the IV antibiotics to be sure. If it has come back (same strain) then you need to be evaluated for conditions that can harbor bacteria in your urinary tract, including stones, abscesses, and prostatitis.

        (KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by roll170 View Post
          I also drink a lot of water. On average about 4 to 5 L a day.
          Be very careful that you don't get hyponatremia (low blood sodium levels) drinking that much. 3 liters daily should be sufficient to flush your urinary tract.

          (KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Hopefully this has eradicated the pseudomonas. You should get another urine culture and sensitivity done about a week after you have finished the IV antibiotics to be sure. If it has come back (same strain) then you need to be evaluated for conditions that can harbor bacteria in your urinary tract, including stones, abscesses, and prostatitis.

            (KLD)
            My urologist was on top of things and didn’t take the PICC line out until a urine culture came back clear of the Pseudomonas after seven days of taking IV antibiotics. Besides I would have made sure I had a clear urine culture to be sure The infection was gone.
            C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

            "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

            "We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

            Comment


              #21
              Sounds like you are on the right track.
              ckf
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

              Comment

              Working...
              X