No announcement yet.

shower chair transfer and bowel routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I forgot to reply many days ago when you asked. I go from the side.

Comment

I suggest you try from the side. Also the cushion can be a big factor. I need to settle in to a cushion on my Raz shower chair because i too have short arms and relaltivily short fingers. By having a cushion that lets you settle in and I also opened up the opening on the right side just a bit I can just barely reach what i need too. i could not do kit at all from the front opening type cushion. hope that helps.

Comment

i tried from the side of my mariner chair it didnt work out maybe a different chair im out of options on this one
        my one problem is i need to move forward on the chair for access to my rectum and when i do that im smashing my testicles on the front part of the cushion thats not cut out
        Last edited by wheelin 48; 9 Sep 2019, 4:19 PM.
        to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

i suggest you talk to Raz directly They also will customize your cushion if needed . i checked out mariner years ago when I switched to Raz i could not have one my BP on their standard cushion.

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
          i tried from the side of my mariner chair it didnt work out maybe a different chair im out of options on this one
          my one problem is i need to move forward on the chair for access to my rectum and when i do that im smashing my testicles on the front part of the cushion thats not cut out

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
            You can lift those things up, ya know...

Comment

Originally posted by funklab View Post
              I have a similar injury to yours, and I get all up in there. Suppository alone has never done it for me. I don't know the latest recommendations, but my goal when I get up in there is to GENTLY stretch the rectum out with one finger in a circular sweeping motion, which in theory should help move stool down the chute, but in reality who knows what kind of jacked-uppedness is going on with our neurogenic bowels. I'm using my entire middle finger, like all the way.

do u use a board when getting on and off the shower chair
              to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Working...
              X