Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C5 Complete, 10 yrs, no sensation below my chest, but my tailbone "hurts"???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    C5 Complete, 10 yrs, no sensation below my chest, but my tailbone "hurts"???

    Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. As stated above, I have no sensation below my chest however my tailbone and sit bone areas has begun "hurting". I put that in quotations because it's not normal sensation pain but rather a deep interior discomfort - kinda like the feeling you got when you were paddled in grade school (for those of you old enough to remember that!). I've been successfully using a J3 cushion for 7 years and have no skin breakdown. Nor do I have any red or pink spots anywhere on my behind at the end of the day. however, some days the pain sensation is enough that I can't wait to get out of my chair. Has anyone else experienced this and /or can anyone explain what's going on?

    #2
    Sound familiar. I'm T12, but I get a sensation of a sensation? sitting on my Jay Deep Comfort cushion and it feels not cool or good!
    My other chair has a Roho Quad-whatever the fuck its called.
    The sensation goes away/is soothed when I transfer into the Roho.
    Why not stay in the Roho? BIG PROBLEM! Any beverage I put between my legs is bound to land on the floor as movements of my butt cause the cushion to warp/go up and down
    That first cup of coffee is very important!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by wddamf View Post
      Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. As stated above, I have no sensation below my chest however my tailbone and sit bone areas has begun "hurting". I put that in quotations because it's not normal sensation pain but rather a deep interior discomfort - kinda like the feeling you got when you were paddled in grade school (for those of you old enough to remember that!). I've been successfully using a J3 cushion for 7 years and have no skin breakdown. Nor do I have any red or pink spots anywhere on my behind at the end of the day. however, some days the pain sensation is enough that I can't wait to get out of my chair. Has anyone else experienced this and /or can anyone explain what's going on?
      You could be experiencing neuropathic pain. It can get worse with aging, as well as with a syrinx. Do you have that in any other areas at or below your level of injury? Taking anything for it? What kind of physician is your primary provider? Do you still see a physiatrist at all?

      (KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
        You could be experiencing neuropathic pain. It can get worse with aging, as well as with a syrinx. Do you have that in any other areas at or below your level of injury? Taking anything for it? What kind of physician is your primary provider? Do you still see a physiatrist at all?

        (KLD)
        No other pain at all and it usually subsides by the next morning after getting off my butt. Not taking anything for it. And I have a whole fleet of doctors! I'm waiting to hear back from my SCI doctor now.

        Is this a seat cushion issue?

        Comment


          #5
          Any chance of hemorrhoids? Mine create a similar pain sensation.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by endo_aftermath View Post
            Any chance of hemorrhoids? Mine create a similar pain sensation.
            No, recently had them tied off.

            Comment


              #7
              How long was your recovery after you had them tied off?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by frwheel16 View Post
                How long was your recovery after you had them tied off?
                Not long - less than a week.

                Comment

                Working...
                X