No announcement yet.

Bladder problems/UTI?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on medicare and I got my cathes up to 8or 3 month period 5 duette 3 bard my dr prescribe the extra

Comment

Update on Bladder Problems/Infection

I have an update to my post about bladder problems and infection from a little while ago. Here is a link to my original post http:///forum/showthread.php?265078-...problems-UTI-s

Unfortunately because of the presence of two strains of strong bacteria in my bladder I have to receive intravenous antibiotics which will be delivered by a picc line or central line. Today is Friday and I?m going to get the line put in Monday morning for a seven day course of antibiotics.

This issue has been going on for two or three months or more. About two weeks ago after being prescribed the antibiotic Bactrim buy my urologist for a UTI/bladder infection I felt somewhat better but as soon as the antibiotics were stopped, the symptoms of a bladder infection returned...pain, bladder spasms and voiding of my bladder especially when I?m sitting up in the chair. After finishing the seven day course of oral antibiotics I submitted another urine culture to be tested. Unfortunately The culture came back with not one, but two strong strains of bacteria as I said before. The urologist said this is the best approach as taking two antibiotics to deal with the two different strains would be harsh on my stomach. I am scheduled to have a Botox procedure on my bladder done on September 16, So the intravenous antibiotics better work.

This is a first for me and hopefully this will help me turn the corner and not have so many bladder problems. Anyone else have similar experiences?
      C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Doesn’t seem like people will notice the post since it was put on the end of the old post I had.
        C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
        X