Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayer Healthcare Consumer Care Phillips Milk of Magnesia Chewable Tablets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bayer Healthcare Consumer Care Phillips Milk of Magnesia Chewable Tablets?

    I've always used Bayer Healthcare Consumer Care Phillips Milk of Magnesia Chewable Tablets because the liquid is not portable the same way little pills are if out or away from home. But suddenly I can't find them locally. Were they discontinued?

    If discontinued, can anyone suggest a comparable laxative milk of mag pill?

    https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/bayer-h.../6000017348428

  • #2
    Or can someone share what they use the night before for laxatives for a bowel routine the next morning so maybe I can figure out an alternative medication?

    Comment


    • #3
      How about these:

      https://www.amazon.com/Seeking-Health-Magnesium-Chewable-Supplements/dp/B00FEJT5M6?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag =duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creative ASIN=B00FEJT5M6

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by endo_aftermath View Post
        How about these:

        https://www.amazon.com/Seeking-Health-Magnesium-Chewable-Supplements/dp/B00FEJT5M6?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag =duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creative ASIN=B00FEJT5M6

        hmmm... is that the same thing essentially?

        Comment


        • #5
          Milk of magnesia is also known as magnesium hydroxide and water, which is its chemical name. It is not the same as magnesium citrate, magnesium malate, or other magnesium supplements.

          Have you asked your pharmacist to special order this for you if they do not carry it? I can find them in the USA at Walmart and on Amazon.

          (KLD)

          The caplets have these ingredients:
          Attached Files
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Milk of magnesia is also known as magnesium hydroxide and water, which is its chemical name. It is not the same as magnesium citrate, magnesium malate, or other magnesium supplements.

            Have you asked your pharmacist to special order this for you if they do not carry it? I can find them in the USA at Walmart and on Amazon.


            (KLD)

            The caplets have these ingredients:
            Thank you for that explanation. No I didn’t think to ask them if they could special order it. Where on Walmart and Amazon did you see it that it was in stock? I took a look I thought and I didn’t see it. I live right near the Minnesota border, A 35 minute drive. So it would almost pay to buy it and ship it to a border store just across the border and then go pick it up. Or even just pay for shipping to my house for that fact. Do you have a link to it in stock somewhere you could paste

            Comment


            • #7
              So this would be the same as the ones that I had originally posted I link to, is that correct SCI Nurse?

              https://www.amazon.com/Phillips-Laxa...-1-spons&psc=1

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, the same. One is Phillips brand, the other Bayer, but they are the same.

                (KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                  Yes, the same. One is Phillips brand, the other Bayer, but they are the same.

                  (KLD)
                  Great. Thank you for your help!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X