Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmeky View Post
    shamrock88,

As my initial post indicated, PTC recommended I take 2 x 10ML vials, twice daily (one treatment in the morning and one treatment in the evening, total of 40 ML in 24 hours). This would equate to a 40 day treatment protocol since I received 160, 10ML vials.

I am presently taking 1 x 10ML vial, twice daily via direct installation (total of 20 ML in 24 hours).

My goal is to see if I can be antibiotic free for an extended, if not permanent time frame.
    just checking in seeing out you were progressing, hope it's going well. Give us an update If you can when able.

Comment

Bacteriophage effectiveness stopped being effective. I spoke with someone at Phage International about my experience and only then did I learn more about this treatment.

You can only use it for 10 days max since the human body generates an immune response to any virus in a short period of time. The claims bacteriophage can eliminate the targeted bacteria and eradicate the biofilm did not pan out based on my experience. I was extremely disheartened and disappointed. I was told to send another urine sample to the Republic of Georgia for another round of phage. I decided not to. I think phage a ways to go before it is successful for chronic UTI strictly based on my personal experience.

Once I finished the phage, I developed a full blown UTI (chills, fever, shaking, and nausea), the first in a long time. Culture showed the only thing that was effective was Cipro. So I did a round of Cipro and decided to change my preventative strategy once I finished the Cipro.

I am now taking a total of 4 grams of Methenamine (used this years ago with good results) daily. Since my culture always shows +E. Coli, I ordered in a 500mg pill form of D-Mannose with a 95%+ rating from Amazon that I take 3x a day (never really used D-Mannose regularly). Lastly, I irrigate my urethra with Vetericyn VF Plus to keep from pushing bacteria back into my bladder when I intermittent cath.

I have been crystal clear for almost 2 weeks now, a record for me. Time will tell.

Comment

Bacteriophage effectiveness stopped being effective. I spoke with someone at Phage International about my experience and only then did I learn more about this treatment.

You can only use it for 10 days max since the human body generates an immune response to any virus in a short period of time. The claims bacteriophage can eliminate the targeted bacteria and eradicate the biofilm did not pan out based on my experience. I was extremely disheartened and disappointed. I was told to send another urine sample to the Republic of Georgia for another round of phage. I decided not to. I think phage a ways to go before it is successful for chronic UTI strictly based on my personal experience.

Once I finished the phage, I developed a full blown UTI (chills, fever, shaking, and nausea), the first in a long time. Culture showed the only thing that was effective was Cipro. So I did a round of Cipro and decided to change my preventative strategy once I finished the Cipro.

I am now taking a total of 4 grams of Methenamine (used this years ago with good results) daily. Since my culture always shows +E. Coli, I ordered in a 500mg pill form of D-Mannose with a 95%+ rating from Amazon that I take 3x a day (never really used D-Mannose regularly). Lastly, I irrigate my urethra with Vetericyn VF Plus to keep from pushing bacteria back into my bladder when I intermittent cath.

I have been crystal clear for almost 2 weeks now, a record for me. Time will tell.
        Thanks for the update on your experiment. Sorry that things didn't work out as you would have liked. All of keep searching for the right answer.

Comment

thanks for the update, I'm glad you found something that's working for you. Very disheartened to hear the phage was ineffective. Great to hear you have a oral antibiotic that is effective in Cipro. I have resistant Pseudomonas, no oral antibiotics left, and have already been through gentamicin, tobramycin, and amikacin irrigating my bladder. I think the d-mannose will be very beneficial to you, I wish you all the best. I've been using vetericyn VF as well, 60 mL, three times a day and keeping it in for 45 min. each time. I have seen some results. Keep us informed.

Comment

The Phage therapy was disappointing and it seems quite expensive. Hopefully, as it progresses, it will get better results.
            ckf
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
            X