No announcement yet.

sore and ache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple of heating pads with thermostats in the controls - I think they’re made by chatanooga, which is a subset of don joy, which also owns a couple of companies producing braces and ultrasound and e-stim/NMES/TENS devices for facilities and home use. Anyway, we’ve tested them and they continue to stay within a degree of the listed temperature after >2 years of use. I find TENS/NMES to be more useful than heat, even for cramping and joint pain.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tetracyclone;1875325]
      Originally posted by Bonnette View Post
      Yes, indeed, a slight squirm can change everything.

For a brief second I thought you 2 were going to discuss something interesting...
      LOL! shows you how old I am...nothing *interesting* even entered my mind!

Acupuncture's a great suggestion. If the table isn't a possibility, maybe it could be done seated (provided the needles don't have to be placed lower than the top of the chair back). The visible ear in Traditional Chinese Medicine is considered a holographic representation of the entire body, with every meridian and acupuncture point included; the acupuncturist can place regular-size needles in the outer ear during a treatment session, and then send the patient home with tiny adhesive-backed pins placed in the surface of the ear for continuous treatment. I had acupuncture eons ago for complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) and wore three pins in my ear for several weeks. They did seem to help, but CRPS is tough to treat and prolonged therapy would have been too expensive. Acupuncture would sure be worth a try for musculoskeletal-type pain, though.
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

My strongest advice, having gone through extremely painful left shoulder, is to get in touch with a home centered Physical Therapy program covered by Medicare. Just contact a reputable company providing PT and indicate you want an evaluation at home. Keep calling some until you get someone.

This condition you have, I feel, cannot be resolved by icing and heat, in terms of future needs.

I am now about 14 months post PT program. It started around December, 2017 and ended around March 2018. I have continued the exercises daily on my own for 30 to 40 minutes, and added a few from on-line sources for wheelchair shoulder exercises. I use a combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen (OTC) and a prescription gel (Diclofenac). My pain is now about level 1 or 0.
        The PT made it clear how important it was to improve development of muscles surrounding the shoulder joint SLOWLY and gently, in addition to continuing exercise.
        My motivation for exercising daily is FEAR of the pain returning. It works for me.
        Last edited by triumph; 14 Mar 2019, 9:05 AM. Reason: wrong date - started PT 12/2017

Comment

Vickey, i use lidoderm patches at night. helps immensely. ins covers them, better than anything otc
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

thanks all but whatever it was and it hurt is dang near gone but I like that home centered pt I kep that in mine john I look at those patches as I get body sore for to me no reason

every so often

dam get old sucks

Comment

Great to hear that the pain's almost gone!
              MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
                thanks all but whatever it was and it hurt is dang near gone but I like that home centered pt I kep that in mine john I look at those patches as I get body sore for to me no reason

every so often

dam get old sucks
                So true. My latest saying is "Old Age: Death by a Thousand Cuts". Maybe it's based on some old philospher's view. Fortunately, we can survive a few cuts now and then.

Comment

x-rays first then go from there.
                  CWO
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X