Gas crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas crisis

Gas crisis, not the OPEC kind. The GI tract kind.
    Nothing seems to alleviate the pain from it daily. BP sucks I get it, but I live an die each day from the gut pain more than from the hour on the shitter, and occasional accident. Best way to kill it I'm told is to prevent it or release it. Both can't happen. No food doesn't cause gas with me, sitting on my butt all day prevents it's escape I guess. I weight shift back periodically to limited success. My bowel programs usually result i stool, but my diaphragm squeals like bellow when I breath. Some of us use activated charcol, gas-x or installing ostomy bags.
    I can't live like this and can't afford to make it worse.
    I rea offten about difficult BPs but not pain, am I alone?

I know exactly what your talking about! Trouble sleeping at night because your so bloated and uncomfortable? Even start to get clammy and sweaty, hoping your stomach well make kind of squeal, girgle or solid rumble?

Comment

Hi Tim, I think there are three components to any kind of pain. There is the initial discomfort, the anxiety that builds because you didn't alleviate the initial discomfort and then the damage done by not getting to the root causes of the pain. I read most of your posts and come away with you getting stuck in the high anxiety part without a way to get out of it. I suspect a lot of it is because you're a higher quad (I'm a low quad).

If I eat a box of Ellio's pizza in one sitting I feel like you describe above for about 36 hours and I truly feel very anxious and distracted and miserable. I think food matters a great deal. My colostomy bag fills with air at least once a day regardless of what I eat. I think if this air were retained, I'd feel more anxious. I know how you feel about colostomies but I wouldn't rule any option out.

Comment

Thanks shaun, pat57 if i could put an escape valve thru my gut I'd have it inserted today. I don't know about anxiety but I do know it doubles me over daily with a trembllng raw pain. I wouldn't...can't rule out anything that could give me semblance of life, but how could I think a colo might help?

Comment

I suffered with this same misery for years. I don't know why, or what the science is behind it but when I got the colostomy I just wanted to free myself from the the 3hr BC, hemorrhoids etc.. What happened was freedom from it all, I don't mean a little relief, I don't mean tolerable or manageable.. I mean the gas and bloating is gone!

Comment

What is the relief? The gas causes spasms throughout, leaning forward my legs rattle anf throb.
            Can't deal with it anymore

Comment

Was the colostomy for me. Life changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
                If that's the magic solution then I'd embrace it, only I couldn't maintain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post

Shaun, Did you suffer gas pain, do other sci feel it?
                  What motility drugs do you use?
                  I don't understand it.
                  Thank u

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                    No food doesn't cause gas with me
                    I would re-evaluate that statement.

For me, food matters a great deal, especially dairy. And it's not only the food but the combination, like dairy with gluten. Pizza and beer with ice cream for dessert? One of these is manageable. But mix all three? Forget about it!

Triggering certain nerves on top of this by sitting for long will exacerbate the problem.

A good coach for this is a kinesiologist. Beware that they may try to sell you a lot of supplements that you don't need. But a good meal replacement for 2 meals per day will help clean and reset your GI tract and may get you back on tract (pun intended). Have you tried a cleanse?
                    Last edited by August West; 3 Mar 2019, 8:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                      Shaun, Did you suffer gas pain, do other sci feel it?
                      What motility drugs do you use?
                      I don't understand it.
                      Thank u
                      Yep, horrible gas pain. Iberogast is only thing that brought me a bit of relief.
                      https://www.iberogast.com.au/

Comment

I have a way of expelling gas but it may not be possible for everyone. I lay in bed, put my legs over each side of the bed (so that I am straddling the bed) and then lean over until my body is lying flat (on my belly). If I have gas, I fart like crazy. My family/caregiver kinda pushes/squeezes my abdomen to get out the rest.

Having long legs (I'm 6'6") and having limber hips gives me the ability to do this, be careful if you try it.

Comment

Have you seen a gastro doc? I second August West's suggestion. I spent 8 or 9 years suffering horribly with gas. It seemed that everything led to gas. I was wrong. I reached a point where I noticed certain meals allowed me to feel ok. Usually vegetables with almonds or sun flower seeds. I built from there. Cut out all beans and soy milk. Cut out dairy- oh, that was difficult. At this point I began to see changes. Fortunately I can walk a bit and get onto the floor. Laying on my stomach and just breathing was good for moving gas. I use a Xilitol gum to combat dry mouth at night. That adds to the gas load. Breads and desserts, anything with sugar adds tothe gas load as happy little yeast (candida) critters consume it and produce gas in the gut, just like they do for beer when when you brew it.

If we are to help at all we need to know what you have tried and what your diet is like.

I feel for you. The pain is debilitating.

Comment

I don't get it.
                            Am I the one and only who suffers soooo much gas pain? My god, the fluttering gut feels like I swallowed my electric razor on full speed.....and that's AFTER a full bowel movement.....and that's every damnned day. My quality of life can be measured in hours per week.
                            Most mornings I pray for peaceful death by the time I'm out of shower at 11 am.
                            I don't consume major sugar, except bread in soup, whicjh I'll kill. (Thank you Tetra!)

Comment

Maybe the daily dose of 2 ducolax, and 3 softeners that wist my stomach into knots?
                              I don't know but can't deal. The sci is like a skin scratch compared to how debilitating this is.

Comment

Working...
                              X