Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WPDaggy View Post
    Thanks a lot I really appreciate it
    I hope it helps. Message me if you have any questions.

Comment

has anyone experience diarrhea from the gentamicin flushes?

Comment

that shouldnt happen, thats why gent flushes are great the dont go anywhere but the bladder.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

thanks, can you stay on it indefinetely?

Comment

You would have to aks her but mos to consider 3-4 a year that clear with use of appropriate antibioitic and not back to back.
            CWO
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
              You would have to aks her but mos to consider 3-4 a year that clear with use of appropriate antibioitic and not back to back.
              CWO
              do you mean the oral gentamicin or the gentamicin bladder installation? or both?

Comment

Any thoughts on using 30CC's of the drug and 30CCS of thera
                2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by WPDaggy View Post

Any thoughts on using 30CC's of the drug and 30CCS of thera
                  What is thera??

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

theracyn
                    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

I would not combine drugs in an bladder wash, irrigation, or instillation without having your pharmacist check for any adverse interactions between the ingredients.

(KLD)

Comment

I switched to the Gentamicin after using Theracyn daily for the past several years and wound up catching a UTI from hell with a strain of staph bacteria that was not affected by Gentamicin. I have a SP catheter and plugged the catheter after instilling while showering and dressing - approx. 30 minutes. I wonder if that's long enough? I haven't decided if I'm going to try again or not.

Comment

Originally posted by wddamf View Post
                          I switched to the Gentamicin after using Theracyn daily for the past several years and wound up catching a UTI from hell with a strain of staph bacteria that was not affected by Gentamicin. I have a SP catheter and plugged the catheter after instilling while showering and dressing - approx. 30 minutes. I wonder if that's long enough? I haven't decided if I'm going to try again or not.
                          Gentamicin instillations are not proven effective for someone with a foley or super pubic ALL studies that have had success are for those that IC

As for the other question above I mix my evening gentamicin with Hydro cleanse

Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

In this article by a urologist on the use of gentamicin bladder irrigation for the prevention of symptomatic urinary tract infections in neurogenic bladder patients there is a reference to 2 small studies, with positive results for all types of bladder management including indwelling catheters https://www.urotoday.com/video-lectu...e-cameron.html

and here's a link to University of Michigan urology dept instructions for instillation in indwelling catheters
                            http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/urology/BladderInstillationGentamicinIndwelling.pdf
                            so there must be some support and evidence for using with indwelling catheters
                            Last edited by beckman; 14 Oct 2020, 7:23 PM.

Comment

link doesn’t work here:

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/urolo...Indwelling.pdf
                              Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
                              Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

Originally posted by Vindex View Post
                                Maybe this is the link that "beckman" meant to post:
                                http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/urolo...Indwelling.pdf

NL

Comment

• beckman
                                  beckman commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  yes that is the right link. thanks NL
                                  I can't seem to get the link to paste properly.
                              Working...
                              X