No announcement yet.

Clear Urine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the difference between mucus and sediment. I've only been a quadriplegic for a little while 18yrs.

Comment

How do you drain your bladder? cath. Mucous periodically- white, milky looking- can be semen or prostatic fluid. usually irritation from catheter on the prostate or just a normal occurrence
      CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I have a superpubic catheter. I've had it for over 17yrs.
        I have a lot of pain in my calf muscles and hamstrings. Calves feel like they are being squeezed and hamstrings feel like a streched out rubber band being plucked.
        e

Comment

Should my catheter be secured at the site where it goes into my bladder?

Comment

Originally posted by mrbreeze View Post
            Should my catheter be secured at the site where it goes into my bladder?
            There are several methods for stabilizing the supra pubic catheter, Statlock, tape, and bands.
            Attached Files

Comment

I had my catheter changed at the Urologists office. There was nothing sterile about what the nurse did. I asked her where the sterile kit was and she didn't know what I was talking about. She told me that this was how they did it here. Who should I tell about what happened?

Comment

If there is no other Urologist in town to switch to have a talk with the doctor about best practices, prefacing it with your sensible concern over infections. Find a paper online explaining how it should be done and take that with you.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbreeze View Post
                  I had my catheter changed at the Urologists office. There was nothing sterile about what the nurse did. I asked her where the sterile kit was and she didn't know what I was talking about. She told me that this was how they did it here. Who should I tell about what happened?
                  fyi we change ours at home a clean cathe my caregiver never touches 5 inches above tip my hands are clean and I grasp it dip in lube and insert sometimes with ducette its subboun so she will put her hand over mine and help 15yeas that way no ifect in the last 15 years

Comment

If you are at home, or doing it yourself, some people do use a clean technique. If someone is doing it for you in the community, they should still use sterile technique. Whether there is another urologist or not, you should talk to the physician. He/she needs to know what is going on in their practice.
                    ckf
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X