• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen

Baclofen, the oral dose, the recommended maximum dosage."

What is max oral dosage would you say?

-V
    Attached Files
    Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
    Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

my doctor told me max dose was 80 mg a day. i am currently up to 60mg and my spasms are still terrible. but she won't go any higher says it really isn't safe.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

In Europe they sometimes use baclofen for alcohol cessation at much higher doses than we would ever prescribe in the US.

https://www.europeanneuropsychopharm...968-X/abstract

But as Smashms said the FDA max recommended dose is 80 a day

Comment

I was on 60mg been reducing all meds got baclofen to 20mg and the brain fog has gone. Spasms are worse but bearable and I quite enjoy having muscles moving by themselves. Below 20mg and I twitch too much.

Comment

My spasms we're so bad. It got to where I couldn't drive my legs would spams and get stuck in brake pedal and hit the accelerator. They would render my hand controls useless had a couple accidents. They would even spasm kick and I would leave bruises all over my poor wifes body. I eventually had a medtronic baclofen pump installed. Hell yeah fixed my spasms problems!

Comment

I believe the max dose is 120 mg per day.

ckf
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

not sure but botox has been working great as long as your insurance covers it its worth a shot
              to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

ckf
                Yes the 120 was maximum dose. I was on 120 mg baclofen, which my neurologist said, was maximum.

Comment

I am on 80mg/day. Less than that, and I get wicked leg kicks. It does make me drowsy on occasion, but if I am active, there is no feeb - time.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

ckf
                    I've been taking 120mg per day for over a decade with zero side effects

Comment

I'm at 80 mg/day (20 mg x 4).

Comment

I take 20 mg right before I go to bed and then again soon after I get up. I don't mind them during the day, but my legs will jerk me awake if I don't take my bedtime dose.

Comment

My hand controls included a shell plate in the shape of a gas pedal. This prevents my feet from accidentally hitting the gas or brake.

Comment

Working...
                          X