Staying Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staying Cool

I?m curious what everyone does to stay cool in the summer. I am C7 4 years post injury. I go to a gym several times a week but it is not fully air conditioned and can be very warm. I was there today and I started to get lightheaded because I was getting hot. I typically use a spray bottle that has a fan on it to cool myself off. I found myself doing it a lot and wondered what else I could be doing.

The only thing I can of is going to a gym with better air conditioning, once you're overheated it's hard to reverse it.

Comment

There is "cooling" vest you can purchase. A lot of patients with MS will use in order to tolerate the heat.
      CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X