How many times do you intermittent cath yourself a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times do you intermittent cath yourself a day

Wondering what the average is for how many times people intermittent cath a day? I usually cath 7 times a day. More frequently at night while sleeping.

Same here.

Comment

4-6 times withing 24 hours depends on the fluids intake and if I'm cold.
      c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

Comment

3-4 here
        Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

6-8 but currently more like 8-10 since oxybutynin isn't working anymore and my urologist couldn't care less.
          T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Right before my last bladder Botox treatment, 8-10. Now, a month after treatment, 4-6.
            Last edited by endo_aftermath; 05-10-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I foley at night and 180 intermittent caths per month, so average 6 a day.

Comment

My Dad places a foley at night, and caths 2-3x per day. It varies depending on when he takes the foley out or puts it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mize View Post
                  6-8 but currently more like 8-10 since oxybutynin isn't working anymore and my urologist couldn't care less.
                  you should try brand name ditropan xl , the generic did not work for me and i switched back to brand name.

Comment

I have tried several different bladder meds and finally found one that has been working for me for the last 4 years. I take 4mg of Tovaz twice a day and have been leak free ever since. It is not cheap but if it keeps me dry then I figure it is worth it

Comment

Once a day. I insert a catheter at night and drain it into a bedside drainage bag. Usually have1500ml. in the bag by morning. I sleep on my back all night and turn on my left side for the last 2 hours. When I catheterize once during the day it is usually about 5 PM and I get 400 to 600 mL in the bag.

Comment

8 times a day minimum. Foley at night. I drink over 3 liters a day and it all comes back out.

Comment

I have always been 3-4 times/day for the past 38 years. Now that I am transitioning back to CIC from a year and a half on foley while wound healing, I am leaking like a sieve so I'm cathing at least 6 times/day. I sleep in a coffin of absorbent products and wake up to change them middle of the night. I am physically exhausted just from all the cathing and pad changing... how do you all handle spending nearly your entire day doing caths? Ugh. I see urologist for urodynamics, etc, next month so I'm worried about getting some bad news about my bladder's future (and my sanity). Taking Trospium for almost a month now but don't see it's helped much. Wondering how much longer I should give it before giving up on the drug all together??

Comment

I have been battling with leakage for ages, having used 10mg slow release Oxybutynin and 10mg Solifenacin every morning, with another 5mg Oxybutynin every night, along with Botox every six months. In the middle of last year, the GP prescribed what he called a 'new product in the SA market' Betmiga 50mg (aka Mirabegron or Myrbetriq) once a day. This has absolutely changed my life!
                            I now only take 5mg Oxybutynin and 50mg Betmiga a day now and leakage is a thing of the past. Even when I had a UTI in December I never leaked a drop. My bladder capacity is also way up. I haven't been for Botox since July 2017.

To answer the original question, 5 to 8 times a day and maybe once more if I drink beer.
                            T4 complete since 30 April 2012

Comment

5-6 times a day (every 4-5 hours when awake).
                              Sleep through the night without leakage. 15mg darifenicin and 50mg mirabegron a day. If drinking alcohol I wear a Foley, if not I'll leak within 30 mins of having a beer.
                              complete t6. injured skiing nov 2017.

Comment

Working...
                              X