Clear All

Originally posted by Mize View Post
    Which one is compatible with Alexa?

;P
    Just saw this. LMAO!
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by paraparajumper View Post
      Just buy an Irypump, it's better, more conducive to paras and quads, and more cost effective in the long run.
      I know this thread is 2 years old, but I'm curious in what way the Irypump is superior for quads. Can those without hand function effectively use this independently? I'm imagining some sort of dil stick type apparatus. The Peristeen is very close for me, but I still can't quite do it myself.
      C5/6 complete (maybe) circa June 2018

Comment

Originally posted by ejl10 View Post

I know this thread is 2 years old, but I'm curious in what way the Irypump is superior for quads. Can those without hand function effectively use this independently? I'm imagining some sort of dil stick type apparatus. The Peristeen is very close for me, but I still can't quite do it myself.
        Thanks for quoting me, I definitely haven't been on here in years! I used to use it daily but do every other day now. With the Irypump you do not need to squeeze anything, all you need is to hold the rubber cone up to your anus and "plug it up," then turn on the unit and let the pump instill water.

Here's a video of a demonstration:

I don't let water flow back into the unit like at the end. I get on the toilet, turn on the pump, hold the cone behind me, and let the water "prime" into the hose wasting a little bit into the toilet. Then I turn the unit off, put it into my anus, and turn the unit back on.

I use between 4-4.5 on the speed and instill 900 mL.

Comment

Originally posted by paraparajumper View Post
          With the Irypump you do not need to squeeze anything, all you need is to hold the rubber cone up to your anus and "plug it up," then turn on the unit and let the pump instill water.
          Thank thank you, this was really helpful! A question, though... What exactly do you mean by plug it up? With the peristeen there's a bubble on the end of the catheter that literally plugs up the anus. With this device do you have to hold it in place with one hand while instilling?

Comment

Thank thank you, this was really helpful! A question, though... What exactly do you mean by plug it up? With the peristeen there's a bubble on the end of the catheter that literally plugs up the anus. With this device do you have to hold it in place with one hand while instilling?
            Looks like it. With the Peristeen, generally you do not have to hold the speculum in place, the balloon holds it inside the rectum and prevents the water from coming out until you deflate the balloon. I am not sure where this device above is available in the USA.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

That's what I suspect, too. Probably not ideal for a quad without hand function. Even the Peristeen catheter with a fully inflated balloon, I found, comes out under pressure sometimes. Still, I'm hopeful that some miracle product comes along for us!

FWIW I bought my Peristeen from Canada, and assumed one could find the Irypump on the global market as well.

Comment

That's what I suspect, too. Probably not ideal for a quad without hand function. Even the Peristeen catheter with a fully inflated balloon, I found, comes out under pressure sometimes. Still, I'm hopeful that some miracle product comes along for us!

FWIW I bought my Peristeen from Canada, and assumed one could find the Irypump on the global market as well.
                I would agree, you do need some hand function to hold it against the anus. I bet you could figure out a quick hookup to connect a Peristeen catheter to the Irypump base. Best of both worlds.

And yes, you have to get it from the global market. You can check the other thread I did on the IryPump. I ordered mine and I continue to order the replacement hoses/cones from Goldpharma. The site looks shady as hell (haven't checked it in awhile but I assume it looks the same) but it is 100% legit.

Comment

Working...
                X