Testosterone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testosterone

I'm going in for blood work May 16th to have my testosterone levels checked. I spoke to my dr about getting on test the other day and she said at my age (41) and a spinal cord injury it maybe low. Anyone here on test?
    John-B

very common. most sci men are very low
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
      very common. most sci men are very low
      There is a higher prevalence of a number of disease processes in chronic SCI. Here is a study that refers to it a "accelerated aging". Sad but true. In addition to lower testosterone levels, there are also higher incidence of diabetes, cardiac conditions and more. Paralysis is the gift that keeps on giving!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27871967

I was tested, my T was very low, and I have been on replacement therapy (TRT) using a daily topical gel for more than 5 years. It helps my mood, sexual function (wood) and I was able to add noticeable muscle mass (I lift, so I'm not certain the result if I didn't weight train).

I did tons of research and its benefits clearly outweigh the risks (at least for the vast majority of men). Don't let the stroke, blood clots, prostate cancer, etc. claims scare you away. TRT is safe, effective, and has made a big impact on my life.

Comment

Low testosterone can also cause osteoporosis.

Very relevant to folks here.

Comment

Originally posted by quadfather View Post
          There is a higher prevalence of a number of disease processes in chronic SCI. Here is a study that refers to it a "accelerated aging". Sad but true. In addition to lower testosterone levels, there are also higher incidence of diabetes, cardiac conditions and more. Paralysis is the gift that keeps on giving!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27871967

I was tested, my T was very low, and I have been on replacement therapy (TRT) using a daily topical gel for more than 5 years. It helps my mood, sexual function (wood) and I was able to add noticeable muscle mass (I lift, so I'm not certain the result if I didn't weight train).

I did tons of research and its benefits clearly outweigh the risks (at least for the vast majority of men). Don't let the stroke, blood clots, prostate cancer, etc. claims scare you away. TRT is safe, effective, and has made a big impact on my life.
          agreed, it is worth it for me. been doing trt for many years, injections every 2 weeks. my doc keeps me on the high side.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

I am leaving this up to the true experts. I can only add that all that has been posted is correct.

ckf
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

There are a lot of ways to increase your testosterone naturally by adding certain foods and supplements to your diet or remove some and a few habit changes. And it works.
              Tons of educational videos on YouTube about this

Comment

I have been taking shots for over 8 years. Best choice I ever made. T-10 complete 55 years old. I feel the best when my levels are around 800. It increased my immune system, stronger bones, increase stamina and strength, loss of body fat and no side effects. If your levels are low, I would highly recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMonte View Post
                  I have been taking shots for over 8 years. Best choice I ever made. T-10 complete 55 years old. I feel the best when my levels are around 800. It increased my immune system, stronger bones, increase stamina and strength, loss of body fat and no side effects. If your levels are low, I would highly recommend.
                  have you tried the pellets yet? testopel i believe. they are time released and put in under the skin. good for 3 mths. i dont mind the shots but would like to try these.

same as joe, my levels are kept around 800.
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

I took test shots every two weeks for a year and it worked but the boys shrunk significantly and every once in a while blood would spurt of the site of the shot and I felt kind of crappy for a few days; I stopped it and now use clomiphene, it tricks my system into creating more testosterone, after several months I tested out at 928 testosterone so I backed off a little.
                    It is a fertility drug for women but has a similar effect on men. The biggest problem is finding a urologist who will prescribe it for you.
                    By the way the boys came back.
                    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12904801

This is a study by the nih, there are others too, if you search it out.
                      "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

Clomid might be the way to go to boost the natural test but how is on the kidneys and liver?
                        John-B

Comment

I am taking Clomiphene Citrate and it is helping me a lot. When my B12 was very low and testostrone was 285, the doctor gave me once a month shot for B12 and told me to go to urologist. Urologist said you have beard and hair on your legs so you don't need testestrone. Then we wanted to have a kid and the urologist told me to go a friend of his that specializes in fertility. He said we want to get your testostrone to 500. So he told me to take Clomiphene Citrate 50 mg every other day. It has been two months now and I feel so much stronger and can do a lot more things. I see a lot of improvements when I do exercises. Please note that B12 also helped me. My urologist might stop it after the fertility treatment but I asked my primary care doctor and she said I could take indefinitely but she also said it might thicken the blood or something so she said she will monitor the bloodwork to see any changes. I am not saying that you should also take B12 also. It is just that my body does not produce enough.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                            have you tried the pellets yet? testopel i believe. they are time released and put in under the skin. good for 3 mths. i dont mind the shots but would like to try these.

same as joe, my levels are kept around 800.
                            Been doing TRT about 6 years now, started out with Testopel and didn't like it. You get a stitch every time they implant the pellets and you have no control over tailoring the dosage. Also, a couple of times had and inflamed sore area where they implanted.

I do test cyp, injecting subcutaneously, like it much better than IM. Less conversion to estradiol doing subcutaneous. Ideally you should be breaking up your dose into 2 injections per week. I also use hcg and arimidex, found that regimen works best for me.

Comment

I started taking .5ml of test Wednesday. It's a once a week shot.
                              John-B

Comment

Working...
                              X