No announcement yet.

Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double dose of oregano essential oil in caplets on first sign of smelly or foggy urine is what I think it is helping me to stay without UTI.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Comment

I use the essential oils also. I add lemon with the oregano. Have not been to a doctor in the past 4years for a uti.

Comment

Originally posted by jfff View Post
        We are planning upon doing several bladder washes with 120 ml of "microcyn" like liquid, hoping to really get that biofilm infiltrated, and then to follow up with 60 ml infusions 4 -6x per day for 4-7 days. How can we afford this? After hours of research we are confident that we can make our own, safe, therapeutic HOCL solution with a machine that we bought, we think we can make our own HOCL solution with the same parameters as Microcyn. We will have test strips to check the ppm and ph of the final solution. We will post our results. Also I found this ridiculously inexpensive HOCL product...worthy to explore...it is PH neutral..HOCL .017%...if that seems too strong could it be diluted?...
        I have been irrigating my bladder for 6 months or more with a solution made by one of the home HOCI generators. My urine is a lot cleaner/clearer now.

Comment

• jfff
          jfff commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to hear, I have the Ecolox machine, and I love it. I use it for so many things, really good for wound care too. I nebulize it ( Dr. Klinghardt suggestion), put it in a humidifier when someone is sick (as per doctors from the Ear, Nose, and Throat institute) and now with covid spray everything with it to disinfect

I posted on 10/29 about buying an HOCL generator to make a similar solution to Microcyn for adult son's uti. My son has been using microcyn irrigations for 2 years with mostly successful, but not stellar results. In spite of performing almost daily microcyn infusions, In September 2019 he cultured for 3 bacteria enterococcus, strep and klebsiella p. We did several 120ml bladder irrigations then infused 60ml 4x/day for 7 days. He felt symptom free, but his urine was still very sludgy and when we had the urine cultured again it came up positive for a high bacteria count again. 20 years ago my son had much success with Ozone IV infusions for a systemic infection. There are a few urologists who use Ozone insufflations for uti. I have an ozone machine at home and a few years ago BEFORE we tried Microcyn, we were doing ozone gas infusions in the bladder with decent results but still occasionally had to use antibiotics. Then I learned about Microcyn from your great community and switched to that. We were disappointed with the results from the intensive diy Microcyn therapy we tried. I researched for hours and found a different ozone protocol for uti by a Brazilian doctor. It was infusing 250ml of Ozonated Water into the bladder( infusing 50 gamma of ozone for 15 min). He did this to the patient for 3 days and her culture for e coli came back negative.
        We used this protocol and eureka within 3 days his urine was crystal clear for the first time in years! His urine cultures came back clear without using antibiotics. We are now using ozone prophilactally, but I feel Microcyn would be good to use to. My thoughts on the success are that perhaps he had such a virulent mix of bacteria that the microcyn couldn't get it, but the ozone did. Also the one variable was infusing 250ml of ozonated water v 60 ml of microcyn -could it be possible the success was by having a larger volume to infiltrate the entire bladder? Perhaps this is what was needed to penetrate any bacteria biofilm.....
        I am still a big proponent of microcyn, especially as a preventative protocol for uti. I also use it with great success for my family for wounds, sinus, and for my dogs for their ears and eyes. Wishing all the best, and thank you for such a great community.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavender lady View Post
          I use the essential oils also. I add lemon with the oregano. Have not been to a doctor in the past 4years for a uti.
          Is this a drink?

Comment

Hi Ajstevens, just read this now... Hope you are still checking this site out. What surgery did you have? I am interested!

Comment

I too have not had a uti in about 5 years. I am a florist and have never washed before cathing. I use a lot if essential oils. Have since shortly after getting home. When I was in the hospital I couldn't get ridd of my utis. I reuse catheters without cleaning, just use a baby wipe to clean it. But I never got sick prior to my injury either. Not drinking enough water right now so my urin is darker. S0 on my second glass of wine for my Friday. I just bump my oils to off set it. I was doing antibiotics back to back while in the hospital and newly hone. I dont 'talk a lot about it because someone always has negative things to say about using oils. I only discuss it in pm.. I have tubes of lube if someone wants it. I don't use it. Except occasionally for my bowel stuff. Also a lot of iodine swabs to give away. Haven't used those since the hospital.

Comment

What makes Microcyn any better than saline.
                Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
                Bob Seger

Comment

• jfff
                  jfff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The main antimicrobial ingredient in Microcyn is Hydrochlourous Acid, which is HOCL. It can inactivate most virus, fungus and bacteria within minutes. One way it can be produced is by running an electrolysis current in saline water...often some vinegar is added to adjust the ph. Like some other people on this board, I also have an HOCL generator from Ecolox.

I think chiefly Microcyn is antimicrobial and saline is not. If you have reflex ureters (bladder spasms force urine back up towards kidneys), you want to flush/irrigate your bladder with only antibiotic or antimicrobial solutions (or so says my urologist).

if this is inaccurate, someone please correct me.

Comment

What oils do you use for uti, my wife has a bunch of essential oils.

Comment

Originally posted by jfff View Post
                    I posted on 10/29 about buying an HOCL generator to make a similar solution to Microcyn for adult son's uti. My son has been using microcyn irrigations for 2 years with mostly successful, but not stellar results. In spite of performing almost daily microcyn infusions, In September 2019 he cultured for 3 bacteria enterococcus, strep and klebsiella p. We did several 120ml bladder irrigations then infused 60ml 4x/day for 7 days. He felt symptom free, but his urine was still very sludgy and when we had the urine cultured again it came up positive for a high bacteria count again. 20 years ago my son had much success with Ozone IV infusions for a systemic infection. There are a few urologists who use Ozone insufflations for uti. I have an ozone machine at home and a few years ago BEFORE we tried Microcyn, we were doing ozone gas infusions in the bladder with decent results but still occasionally had to use antibiotics. Then I learned about Microcyn from your great community and switched to that. We were disappointed with the results from the intensive diy Microcyn therapy we tried. I researched for hours and found a different ozone protocol for uti by a Brazilian doctor. It was infusing 250ml of Ozonated Water into the bladder( infusing 50 gamma of ozone for 15 min). He did this to the patient for 3 days and her culture for e coli came back negative.
                    We used this protocol and eureka within 3 days his urine was crystal clear for the first time in years! His urine cultures came back clear without using antibiotics. We are now using ozone prophilactally, but I feel Microcyn would be good to use to. My thoughts on the success are that perhaps he had such a virulent mix of bacteria that the microcyn couldn't get it, but the ozone did. Also the one variable was infusing 250ml of ozonated water v 60 ml of microcyn -could it be possible the success was by having a larger volume to infiltrate the entire bladder? Perhaps this is what was needed to penetrate any bacteria biofilm.....
                    I am still a big proponent of microcyn, especially as a preventative protocol for uti. I also use it with great success for my family for wounds, sinus, and for my dogs for their ears and eyes. Wishing all the best, and thank you for such a great community.
                    Wow!, Why is there no interest in this Qzone protocol?!! do you have information on how to do do the instillations? i also found Microcyn to be ineffective in battling UTis.

thanks

Comment

• jfff
                      jfff commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ozone treatments have been around for a long time. My son’s life was saved 20 years ago by his Medical Doctor giving him ozone IV. There are medical doctors and clinics throughout the world using ozone. (and treating covid successfully too) Dr David Brownstein has a great blog. There are some urologists in the US who recommend it. Why isn’t it promoted? Probably the politics of Big Pharma and Big Medical because after the initial expense of equipment, treatments are the cost of a little oxygen. I had a hard time finding an ozone doctor locally who used it uti. I am blessed to have my own ozone generator and after much research followed the protocol of a Brazilian doctor that I will post. LOL my dog’s veterinarian who uses ozone helped me the most! An ozone set up for home would be $600-800). Vilela, Gustavo. (2015). Double genitourinary infection cured with medical ozonetherapy: a case report. Revista Espa?ola de Ozonoterapia. Vol. 5, no 1, pp. 49-54.

Originally posted by crispy1981 View Post

Wow!, Why is there no interest in this Qzone protocol?!! do you have information on how to do do the instillations? i also found Microcyn to be ineffective in battling UTis.

thanks
                    In my recollections of reading Suzanne Lewis' writings, GJ's writings and experiences, and those experiences of others, the usual goal in using Microcyn technology was to help prevent urinary tract infections not to cure or battle them. That said, anecdotally. Suzanne's husband said he cured a particularly difficult and tenacious urinary tract infection by using large volumes of Microcyn, instilled and retained frequently each day, for quite a few days.

Thought I would pass that along for a little perspective and clarity on the expectations for this use and method.

NL (GJ widow)

Comment

• jfff
                      jfff commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Has anyone heard of this technology using ultrasound for chronic uti in those that have indwelling urinary catheters? https://www.ideal-uroshield.com

Originally posted by gjnl View Post

In my recollections of reading Suzanne Lewis' writings, GJ's writings and experiences, and those experiences of others, the usual goal in using Microcyn technology was to help prevent urinary tract infections not to cure or battle them. That said, anecdotally. Suzanne's husband said he cured a particularly difficult and tenacious urinary tract infection by using large volumes of Microcyn, instilled and retained frequently each day, for quite a few days.

Thought I would pass that along for a little perspective and clarity on the expectations for this use and method.

NL (GJ widow)
                    NL, so good to hear from you! Thanks for your continued support and yes GJ's work is invaluable and continues to serve as some of the best reference material, truly.

In the context of my comment "i also found Microcyn to be ineffective battling UTis" i should have made reference to the Microdox product which claims to be a treatment in addiiton to prevention. GJ did compare Microdox to Microcyn products and determined it was the ~same formulation.
                    And additional context is regarding AD - for me(and i'm assuming other SCi that are subject to AD) i cannot instill the undiluted product due to AD. So it's not an effective option for me as a treatment.

Also i found information to suggest the active ingredient of Microcyn/Microdox is not effecitve to the bug i was battling (Pseudomonas).

cheers!
                    Last edited by crispy1981; 28 Apr 2020, 11:46 PM.

Comment

So we are ready to try this in hopes to prevent or reduce frequency of UTIs. I have read a lot today. First I'm wondering which product, I've narrowed it down to 3 liquid/spray formulas:

MicrocynAH
                      Puracyn Plus
                      Theracyn

Does anyone use any of these? I have tried to do searches for the exact ingredients and percentages of each one but am getting inconsistent finds. I spoke to someone at Mannapro regarding the MicrocynAH and Theracyn. He emailed me the labels the only ingredient percentage that is noted is Hypochlorous Acid at 0.009%. The other ingredients are just noted as water, sodium sulfate, sodium phosphate and sodium chloride.

I also talked to someone at Puracyn Plus she acknowledged that she had heard of people using for bladder flushes but of course said they are doing it off label. I found the ingredients to that though:
                      0.031% sodium chloride
                      99.916% electrolyzed water
                      0.001% sodium hypochlorite(d?)
                      0.040% phosphates
                      0.012% hypochlorous acid

On MicrocynAH website it states: Our proven effective and patented Microcyn? Technology is NO LONGER available in Vetericyn Plus products.

Don't know why maybe Vetericyn Plus offshooted from Microcyn, I don't know but if anyone is still using Vetericyn Plus and is ok with it let me know.

I am leaning towards Puracyn Plus only because it has just slightly more hypochlorous acid but it has phosphates whatever those are so . . . .

I think all do the same thing at what we are all trying to achieve, stop or slow down the frequency of UTIs. Any thoughts on which one would be best would be appreciated. I did mention this today to Anthony's urol and when he heard Hypochlorous Acid he said oh acidic washes and did not have a problem with that and is interested in what we find out.

Now for the hard part right now we are in between finding out if Anthony will go back to IC or have to have an indwelling urethral catheter. I would like to know what is the best way for each type of bladder management. I have read a lot of posts today my head is swimming. All I can gather right now is should I follow the directions for Microdox https://www.paralogic.com.au/assets/files/Microdox .pdf since that is the only product giving directions?

I did like one tip though if ICing and that was to get the (I will use MicrocynAH) MicrocynAH into the urethra before inserting a straight cath into the bladder therefore "dragging" any bacteria into the bladder when going to flush. But then I was thinking couldn't you just spray the catheter with the MicrocynAH then insert into the bladder let drain and instill the 20 or 30cc then? Any suggestions on how to do this either IC or indwelling would be appreciated. Thank you.
                      Cindy Waters
                      mom to Anthony, right c5, left c4 (24yo)
                      injury march 2003

Comment

I am not a veterinarian and it hypochlorite acid as far as I know has not been approved for inside the body as it can harm eyes and mucus membranes. If it was ok to use then no one would have been upset with President Trumps thought on ingestion of chlorine/ alcohol or other disinfectants. We use similar on wounds but not in the body. I know it is a weak acid when diluted. However, numerous people on this website highly recommend it. You can research for other posts. I believe it was used for irrigation and installation of small amount. However, if you want to instill medication in to bladder there is a lot of research on gentamycin irrigation’s/installation and prevention of UTI. D-mannose has been used for years. It is basically converted to a formaldehyde like solution but typically effective on E.coli infections. Ellie’s is another newer treatment that can be helpful but can be costly if insurance/Medicare won’t pay for. CWO
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                        X