Helping to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections with Microcyn Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Thanks GJ. I forget which one I used on my wound. I’ve had a few, but I think it was the one you mentioned. If you have the time and patience, may I ask you just to list for me all the different forms/suffixes (micro, vet, clear, put, micro… AD , etc.) And any relevant differences? Are there any significant differences in the technology or shelflife? Or feel free to tell me (in your gentle way) to stop being so lazy, because I do know it’s all here somewhere.
    I'm not sure what you are asking me to provide, and I really don't understand all the references you are making..."micro, vet, clear, put, micro… AD." Maybe if you could be more specific in your request, I might be able to respond from the level of experience that I have or yes you probably could find what you need to find by sleuthing out your interests and questions for yourself.

Sorry, I just am weary of providing information that is made of my own experience and being accused of being an agent of Sonoma Pharma...
    Last edited by gjnl; 10 Apr 2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I am so sorry. I was not aware of those dynamics. Please know that my question was only respectful, and sincerely appreciative of your knowledge. I just did not trust my spelling or knowledge of all the different formulations Here is my stab at it:

Please anyone correct or augment me

Microcyn
      MicrocynAH
      Vetericyn
      VetericynVF
      Clearicyn
      Putricyn

Comment

I am so sorry. I was not aware of those dynamics. Please know that my question was only respectful, and sincerely appreciative of your knowledge. I just did not trust my spelling or knowledge of all the different formulations Here is my stab at it:

Please anyone correct or augment me

Microcyn
        MicrocynAH
        Vetericyn
        VetericynVF
        Clearicyn
        Putricyn
        Microcyn..........Microcyn is manufactured and distributed by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals who holds a patent on their hypochlorous acid proprietary formulation. Microcyn products are marketed for the management of surgical wounds, burns, pressure wounds, burns and minor skin irritations. There are prescription and an over the counter lines of products.

MicrocynAH.....This line of products is manufactured and distributed by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals for use in veterinarian, farm, and ranch services and retailers. AH stands for Animal Health.

HydroCleanse..HydroCleanse is manufactured by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals using Microcyn Technology. This product is sold through the Sonoma Pharmaceuticals on line store.

Theracyn.........Theracyn is a trademarked line of products distributed by MannaPro, a company specializing in animal care and nutrition and licensed by Sonoma Pharmaceuticals to use Microcyn Technology (hypochlorous acid). This line of products is marketed to veterinarian, farm, and ranch services and retailers.

Vetericyn.........From what I can tell, Vetericyn has been discontinued and replaced with Vetericyn Plus. Years ago, Innovacyn Pharmaceuticals, manufacturer and distributor of the products that bore the Vetericyn name held a license from Oculus Innovative Sciences (now Sonoma Pharmaceuticals) to use Microcyn Technology in their animal care line of products. They no longer use Microcyn Technology. They may have developed their own proprietary formula of hypochlorous acid or may hold a license from another company that manufactures their own formulation of this ingredient.

VetericynVF.......From what I can tell, Vetericyn VF has been discontinued and replaced with Vetericyn Plus. Years ago, Innovacyn Pharmaceuticals, manufacturer and distributor of the products that bore the VetericynVF name held a license from Oculus Innovative Sciences (now Sonoma Pharmaceuticals) to use Microcyn Technology in their animal care line of products. They no longer use Microcyn Technology. They may have developed their own proprietary formula of hypochlorous acid or may hold a license from another company that manufactures their own formulation of this ingredient. VF stood for Veterinarian Formula and was supposed to be available only to animal health care professionals, whereas Vetericyn was sold through retail outlets who served pet owners and feed and seed companies.

Vetericyn Plus....This product line seems to supersede Vetericyn and VetericynVF and is manufactured and distributed by Innovacyn to veterinarian, farm, and ranch services and retailers.

Clearicyn..........Could be Celacyn, manufactured and distributed by IntraDerm, a company affilliated with Sonoma Pharmaceuticals. Celacyn is a prescription scar management gel formulated with Microcyn Technology to soften and flatten raised scars and reduce redness and discoloration.

Putricyn............Probably Puracyn, Puracyn Plus, Puracyn Plus Pro, manufactured and distributed my Innovacyn Pharmaceuticals. This company used to have a licensing agreement with Sonoma Pharmaceuticals (formerly known as Oculus Innovative Sciences), manufacturer and distributor of Microcyn Technology. Puracyn contains hypochlorous acid and is marketed to irrigate, debride. and cleanse surgical wounds, diabetic ulcers, pressure wounds, burns and skin grafts.

This is how I understand information about these products and companies. If anyone has additional or different information or understanding, please share.

I think most of us who use a hypochlorous acid (HClO)based product as a bladder instillation to help reduce colonization and help prevent urinary tract infections use a formulation that contains 0.009% HClO. Most of us use these products quickly enough that shelf life is probably not too much of an issue.
        Last edited by gjnl; 11 Apr 2018, 4:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much GJ! I have a very bad habit of asking for too much, which I fear I did of you, but it was very generous of you to indulge me in spades.

Comment

Thank you so much GJ! I have a very bad habit of asking for too much, which I fear I did of you, but it was very generous of you to indulge me in spades.
            No worries, mate.

Comment

Is HOCI the element that kills bacteria? If it is, you can buy a generator from here to produce your own from home. From what I've read, it is commonly used as a home disinfectant in Japan. https://store.ecoloxtech.com/ecoone

Comment

Has anyone confirmed if all the different versions of Theracyn have the same ingredients and strengths as MicrocynAH? They have one for each group, Poultry, Pets & Horses and each are priced differently. I’ve been using MicrocynAH for around 2 years now and haven’t been on antibiotics since I started. The supplier I’ve been buying from suddenly stopped carrying the 16oz MicrocynAH and are not carrying Theracyn at the moment. I’m down to my last bottle and anxious to get more before I run out. I just need to confirm weather there’s any difference other than price between the different versions of Theracyn.

Comment

Originally posted by slynch View Post
                  Has anyone confirmed if all the different versions of Theracyn have the same ingredients and strengths as MicrocynAH? They have one for each group, Poultry, Pets & Horses and each are priced differently. I’ve been using M icrocynAH for around 2 years now and haven’t been on antibiotics since I started. The supplier I’ve been buying from suddenly stopped carrying the 16oz MicrocynAH and are not carrying Theracyn at the moment. I’m down to my last bottle and anxious to get more before I run out. I just need to confirm weather there’s any difference other than price between the different versions of Theracyn.
                  It is complicated keeping track of the various products that use Microcyn Technology. But as far as I have been able to confirm, Microcyn AH Wound and Skin Care Spray. Microcyn AH Pink Eye Spray (the one I use) and Theracyn Pet Wound and Skin Spray all contain 0.009% Hypochlorous Acid. The inactive ingredients may vary some, but have little impact on the performance of these sprays.

Glad you have had such good success with this treatment.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and info. It certainly changes a lot! It’s worked quite well for me so far. Well enough to keep me off of toxic antibiotics at least.

Comment

Just an FYI, I couldn’t find Theracyn In Canada for a reasonable price. I decided to place an order through an online company in the USA. My order was just refused at customs by Health Canada, and not allowed into Canada because it violated food and drug regulations.
                      No person shall import a drug into Canada for the purpose of administering it to an animal that produces food or an animal that is intended for consumption as food if the sale of the drug in Canada would constitute a violation of the act for these regulations.

Doesnt seem to matter that the exact same product is already available for sale in Canada and has been for years and it’s not a drug. Looks like I am going to lose $200.

Comment

Ah bureaucracy! Can you contact the online company and have the product returned for a refund?

In future stick with the Theracyn wound and skin spray with a picture of a horse (unless of course horse is a food animal in Canada ) or a dog on the label.

you had this trouble.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Comment

I've ordered Hydrocleanse directly from Sonoma Pharmaceuticals and had no problems with customs (other than duty). Maybe I was just lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                            Ah bureaucracy! Can you contact the online company and have the product returned for a refund?

In future stick with the Theracyn wound and skin spray with a picture of a horse (unless of course horse is a food animal in Canada ) or a dog on the label.

you had this trouble.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
                            I contacted them. Most unhelpful place I’ve ever ordered from. Basically told me it’s all my fault claiming I refused to let Fedex do customs brokerage, which is a lie. They refuse to do anything about it. Just happy my full order didn’t go through. I ordered 8 bottles, they reduced it to 4 without telling me, because of lack of stock.

I ordered some some with the horse and some for poultry. Both were denied. Horse is not on the menu anywhere that I know of... I just googled, apparently Canada eats 660,000 lbs a year.

I also ordered the Eco One water electrolyzer mentioned earlier. I’m experimenting with that. It seems to work. I just need a chlorine tester to measure the the levels of the resulting solution.

Comment

Originally posted by beckman View Post
                              I've ordered Hydrocleanse directly from Sonoma Pharmaceuticals and had no problems with customs (other than duty). Maybe I was just lucky!
                              I’m reluctant to order any of it from USA now.

Comment

Customs rules around the world can be pretty arbitrary. I'm sure if it was the other way around, an American buying a product from a Canadian supplier, there would be similar ruction on this side. The rule is caveat emptor, buyer beware.

Comment

Working...
                                X