Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydrocleanse does have screw cap
    Originally posted by maym View Post
    Thank gj, That name has changed so many times but all is well that ends well. I sure wish you could get it with a simple screw on cap.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Gjnl couple practical questions. What size syringes do u use for drawing up Hydrocleanse? I purchased 60ml w catheter tip, sterile but too big to fit in top of Hydrocleanse bottle. Also, do u reuse your syringes? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Podkane View Post
        Gjnl couple practical questions. What size syringes do u use for drawing up Hydrocleanse? I purchased 60ml w catheter tip, sterile but too big to fit in top of Hydrocleanse bottle. Also, do u reuse your syringes? Thanks
        I use 10cc syringes. I usually measure 20cc SOS (Super Oxidized Solution-HydroCleanse, Theracyn, whatever you use) and 10cc sterile saline into a cup with graduated measurements on it, like a clean urine specimen cup (never used for urine specimen collection). See below. Then I draw the solution up into three 10cc syringes. Wash the cup with soap and water and turn over on a clean paper to dry and reuse the cup to measure the next instillation. I reuse syringes for a couple weeks. I rinse the syringes in hot water and air dry on a clean paper towel. You may not have to dilute the SOS, but I do. One, I sometimes, I have a tiny bit of a chilling and clammy feeling if I instill undiluted product, and two, diluting the product makes it go further. Again, this is an individual trial and error, what is comfortable and works for you issue.
        Attached Files

Comment

fuentejps is the hydrocleanse straight from Sonoma. Bottle 16oz.

Comment

yepper.
            Originally posted by maym View Post
            fuentejps is the hydrocleanse straight from Sonoma. Bottle 16oz.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

pull out the piston part and dump hydro in, thats how I do it. I use 60ml cath syringe, use 1x and discard. I use 50ml undiluted
              Originally posted by Podkane View Post
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Thanks gjnl and fuentesjps. Helpful input!

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                  pull out the piston part and dump hydro in, thats how I do it. I use 60ml cath syringe, use 1x and discard. I use 50ml undiluted
                  Slowly, I am reviewing the closed thread Microcyn Bladder Treatment (An Open Letter to Dr. Young), (/forum/showthread.php?133414-Microcyn-Bladder-Treatment-(An-Open-Letter-to-Dr-Young)&highlight=open+letter+vetericyn). Today, I read a comment that a member who tried Microcyn etc. felt that they needed to make sure the syringe did not have any air in it before instilling the product into the bladder through the catheter. I've never worried to much about a little air space in the syringe, but if you hold the syringe upright (tip end up) and gently push the plunger in, you will push liquid toward and out of the tip, displacing the air. Be careful, you can push a little to hard and have a geyser that hits the ceiling.
                  Last edited by gjnl; 2 Sep 2017, 9:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks I was a bit worried about the air thing myself

Comment

Microcyn Bladder Flush

Is this product okay to use as a flush? It is available in bulk 990 ml bottles.

http://www.medicaleshop.com/microcyn...ttle-each.html
                      ^^(A)^^

Comment

Originally posted by darty View Post
                        Is this product okay to use as a flush? It is available in bulk 990 ml bottles.

http://www.medicaleshop.com/microcyn...ttle-each.html
                        You will need to contact the the Medical Shop and ask them to give you the ingredients as they are printed on the packaging and then compare those ingredients to HydroCleanse or Theracyn. If I find some time, I will
                        try to do the comparison too, but right now I'm kind of busy.

Comment

Where are folks buying this these days? King used to be the cheapest, but now they restricted sales to those in the industry, and everywhere else is selling this for significantly more.

Comment

Pretty much, I check around every time I need to restock. You never know when a pet/veterinarian website will have a sale or promotion.
                            Currently, I found these with a quick search:

https://www.amazon.com/Manna-Pro-The.../dp/B01I4BS59Y
                            $17.99 Prime (10 left in stock)

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/theracyn-wound-skin-care-livestock-spray
                            $19.99 and 10% off Columbus Day Sale
                            Free shipping over $49.99

Just a couple thoughts. Winter is coming and these products do not do well when they are exposed to freezing temperatures during shipping. Once frozen, they are not efficacious. When you are placing an order at pet/veterinarian supply outlets, make sure you check which size is being sold to you. These products come in 8 and 16 ounce sizes. Also check that you are getting the Skin and Wound Spray, not Hydrogel.

Comment

just an fyi, I buy hydrocleanse from Sonoma direct, when you buy a case you get free 3 day ship.
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com

Comment

I understand why people using foley catheters would want to flush their bladders. But for others who don't use foleys why not use Macrobid? It seems to me to be an ideal prophylactic. It's a misconception that Macrobid wipes out your body's balance of natural bacteria. It is narrow spectrum targeting only the bladder.

Comment

Working...
                                X