Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tvot View Post
    Microcyn or Ecolox HOCL generator
    Does anyone have any opinion on if I should use microcyn or the HOCL generator. It would seem to me the generator cost effective in the long run since it would be cheaper to produce. Let me just say I was just doing Saline installation / irrigation I've done quite well with this until the visiting nurse said to never do anything like that. Well since then I've been having a lot of UTI since March. I need to go back installation irrigation. I was doing 30 CC's X 4. By the fourth 30cc it would be running clear. Do you understand how I am doing this?What I do is put 30 CC's in a 60 CC syringe and inject it into my bladder and slowly pull it back until it runs clear usually by the fourth time. Can you just give me some insight on how you do your procedure. Thank You, Dan
    When I do irrigate (which is not often) I do 60cc , inject and pull back same as you described. Boil my own saline and microwave the syringe before use. When the syringe gets difficult to push or pull throw it away and get a new one. If I was having a lot of issues with uti's I would try microcyn.

Based on what you said, I would go back to using saline. First you need to get any active UTI cleared up. Hope this helps.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Comment

• Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post

When I do irrigate (which is not often) I do 60cc , inject and pull back same as you described. Boil my own saline and microwave the syringe before use. When the syringe gets difficult to push or pull throw it away and get a new one. If I was having a lot of issues with uti's I would try microcyn.

Based on what you said, I would go back to using saline. First you need to get any active UTI cleared up. Hope this helps.
      Just got the word today another UTI. When it clears up I will go back to doing the saline. I will stay with something I know was successful. In the mean time my will ask my GP about the marsa and UTI's. I don't know why infectious disease doctor did not pick up on the marsa and UTI's. He just kept suggesting getting a subpubic, that's nonsense.
      Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
      Bob Seger

Comment

• Actually, some recent studies have shown a significant decrease in symptomatic UTIs in those changed from an indwelling urethral catheter to a indwelling SP catheter.

The current thinking among SCI-expert urologists is not to treat colonization, even with bacteria like MRSA, as this will just increase the bacteria's resistance to antibiotics if you should develop a true UTI, especially if it is still there after several courses of antibiotics.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X