No announcement yet.

Summer Exhaustion and Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check your blood pressure. Also -poikilothermia- is the term. Your body below the level of injury takes on the heat of the surrounding temperature. And can't adjust it.
    CWO
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

There was a very good article about temperature control recently published in New Mobility Magazine. Very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyFan View Post
        There was a very good article about temperature control recently published in New Mobility Magazine. Very well done.
        Excellent article , thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dnvrdave View Post
          "Lead weighted exhaustion" is a perfect description of what I feel. And I too have noticed that eating a hamburger helps right away. I have driven through Burger King when the exhaustion suddenly hit me. Not safe to drive so exhausted anyway.

Another great idea! I just ordered a $17 pulse-ox. Amazon has many brands that are all inexpensive and highly rated. It really feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen when the weak feeling hits (but trying to hyperventilate never helped), so I'll check my blood oxygen. It actually seems more likely than low BP.
          Bought this one on Amazon for $40.00 it does everything.

http://smartwatcheszone.com/heart-ra...ker-wristband/
          ^^(A)^^

Comment

Check blood sugar?
            CWO
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Magnesium has been helping with this problem. a lot of times Im feeling exhausted from the heat, and then I faint. faint in the shower. iv been using magnesium oil, or spray. Im noticing I can sleep again. I am not as sensitive to the heat if I remember to take it. it was an an accidental discovery that magnesium affected my fainting. I never faint if I use it, but I started using it because of leg and arm cramps after I faint, and it stopped the fainting, and tachycardia, so I think the heat exhaustion might be connected to magnesium deficiency.

Comment

Working...
              X