10 year anniversary today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
    Think again. This guy was sensory and functionally complete.

https://www.reevebigidea.org/kent-story
    but im incomplete and can already move my legs voluntarily.

Comment

Okay, lol. Never mind .. but it would stand to reason that an incomplete would fare better.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Things that you should have done in an ANNUAL check-up:

• Abdominal ultrasound to include the kidneys, ureters, and bladder (and gall bladder for those who still have one).
        • CBC (complete blood count).
        • CRP (C-reactive protein) and albumin/prealbumin levels.
        • Urodynamics if your bladder management is not voluntary or managed with a long-term indwelling catheter.
        • Urinalysis and urine culture & sensitivity.
        • Chem 20 panel, lipid panel, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), 24 hour urine collection for creatinine clearance.
        • Since you have been living abroad, I would include a hepatitis screen panel for Hepatitis A, B, and C.
        • For those with an indwelling catheter for more than 5 years, urine cytology tests X3
        • Physical exam for any changes in neurologic status (an ASIA/ISNCSCI exam is best)
        • Assessment of any spinal deformity or instability (physical exam, perhaps Xrays)
        • Assessment for CTS (carpel tunnel syndrome) and hand therapy if indicated.
        • Since you have been walking and standing, a DEXA scan may not really be indicated, but you may want to discuss this with your provider.
        • For males, a prostate and testicular exam. PSA level is also recommended if over the age of 40.
        • For females, a PAP smear, pelvic exam and mammogram.

I agree an MRI is not really indicated unless you have symptoms of spinal root impingement or a syrinx.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
          Things that you should have done in an ANNUAL check-up:

• Abdominal ultrasound to include the kidneys, ureters, and bladder (and gall bladder for those who still have one).
          • CBC (complete blood count).
          • CRP (C-reactive protein) and albumin/prealbumin levels.
          • Urodynamics if your bladder management is not voluntary or managed with a long-term indwelling catheter.
          • Urinalysis and urine culture & sensitivity.
          • Chem 20 panel, lipid panel, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), 24 hour urine collection for creatinine clearance.
          • Since you have been living abroad, I would include a hepatitis screen panel for Hepatitis A, B, and C.
          • For those with an indwelling catheter for more than 5 years, urine cytology tests X3
          • Physical exam for any changes in neurologic status (an ASIA/ISNCSCI exam is best)
          • Assessment of any spinal deformity or instability (physical exam, perhaps Xrays)
          • Assessment for CTS (carpel tunnel syndrome) and hand therapy if indicated.
          • Since you have been walking and standing, a DEXA scan may not really be indicated, but you may want to discuss this with your provider.
          • For males, a prostate and testicular exam. PSA level is also recommended if over the age of 40.
          • For females, a PAP smear, pelvic exam and mammogram.

I agree an MRI is not really indicated unless you have symptoms of spinal root impingement or a syrinx.

(KLD)
          excellent. printed this for my provider.

Comment

WOW...reading this thread made me realize it's been 16 yrs. May 16th. I almost can't believe it. Glad you're still healthy at 10. That's great. I dunno about the tests but i'm only having minor issues. I have a suprapubic and get uti's few and far between. I've been vaping but still can't completely get off the cigs. The last time i was in the hospital they said i had early stage COPD so i'm trying harder cause i am having some breathing problems. Not major but it's bugging me. The only other thing is low blood pressure. I take Midodrine, it helps for a few hours but just gets it up to like 100/60. The smoking is preventable and my own fault. So if you don't have that vice it sounds like you're doing good and will have many years of life to go.

Comment

Working...
            X