Thinking about getting a Colostomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I really don’t think that the tone used was necessary. That being said, not all foods cause gas. There are some that are characteristically do. And you are correct that it varies from person to person.

Managing a colostomy is no different in theory than managing any other part of your care. You will have to try different products, timing, etc, your level of injury is not the only thing that may impact your management . It may be more challenging to figure out how to make it work. And neither of us is passing on information that had not been added onto us y others who have gone through similar experiences.
    ckf
    CKF, Tim C doesn't have a colostomy but comes onto every single colostomy thread basically bashing anything and everything about the procedure. I'm not sure what issue he has with a process that has improved so many lives.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Tone? Please excuse the inability of standard type to add inflection to its message. Please forgive me if I offended. In no way would I disrespect anyone here, or what anyone does to contend with their SCI. Hell, I blew $20k just going to dr Huang 15 yrs ago just cause I couldn't face myself not trying anything possible to deal with neurogenic bladder and bowel problems. I only wish a colo would do for me what it does for others I see here. I live and die daily with pain just from my sp tube, how much more would a colo cause. Our SCIs messed us up in a million different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
        Tone? Please excuse the inability of standard type to add inflection to its message. Please forgive me if I offended. In no way would I disrespect anyone here, or what anyone does to contend with their SCI. Hell, I blew $20k just going to dr Huang 15 yrs ago just cause I couldn't face myself not trying anything possible to deal with neurogenic bladder and bowel problems. I only wish a colo would do for me what it does for others I see here. I live and die daily with pain just from my sp tube, how much more would a colo cause. Our SCIs messed us up in a million different ways.
        Really don't want to divert this thread, but am curious what the pain of the supra pubic is attributed too?

Comment

I?d really like to respond but it?s not my thread. SP tube is no great invention to human kind, Maybe just in the eyes of the urologist who thinks it?s clean and neat. Meanwhile he should get one himself. I hope my tone does not draw negative ire

Comment

Working...
          X